Jul 5, 2010

Review--Tracking the Tempest


JANE TRUE HAS ALMOST COME TO TERMS WITH HER SUPERNATURAL HERITAGE...ALMOST.

Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and Ryu--Jane's bloodsucking boyfriend--can't let a major holiday go by without getting all gratuitous. An overwhelming dose of boyfriend and a last-minute ticket to Boston later, and Jane's life is thrown off course.

Ryu's well-intentioned plans create mayhem, and Jane winds up embroiled in an investigation involving a spree of gruesome killings. All the evidence points toward another Halfling, much to Jane's surprise.

Finally finished Tracking the Tempest and it was another GREAT read! Took me awhile to sit down and read since I was on vacation and I was getting out into the world, doing things other than holeing up in my room and reading...or writing.

It was fantastic! It pretty much picks up a few months after Tempest Rising, Jane is training, learning how to use her powers and Valentines' Day is coming up and Ryu has a surprise planned for Jane.

But the lovely weekend soon takes a turn for the worse, another halfing is on the loose and is attacking people. Ryu believes that the halfing is after him based on Ryu's position, but it soon becomes much more complicated than that. The story leads us down a darker path involving a prison of sorts, tests, and a thirst for revenge.

The halfing is soon revealed to have an obsession with Jane, like calls to like, and Jane is sent back home for her own safety. Which goes well for about a day when the halfing tracks her down again, sending Jane to run away from her home in order to protect her friends and father.

The action was well paced in this book, when I finally sat down and read without getting distracted I was really getting into the book. Nothing is scarier than a crazed halfing being obsessed with you and I really felt the "freaked out-ness" that Jane felt during the book.

Her relationship with Ryu continues to grow, but there are some interesting surprises and developments that occur that threaten their relationship.

I am yet again surprised by Anyan. I feel like there is definitely something more to his character, and we definitely get to see more of him in this book, but there is definitely something interesting going on with him. I don't want to lead to spoilers, so I will end it at that!

The ending was HUGE. Like in "ohmigod" HUGE! The current problem was wrapped up, but a slew of new ones were starting, which obviously didn't get wrapped up. A lot of thing leaves you hanging and it will be interesting to see where Tempest's Legacy takes us in January. At least it's less than a year's worth of wait.

I wish I could elaborate more on the cliffhangers, but it would get really close to leading to spoilers, but the cliffhangers, while cliffhangers, are not painful ones in my opinion. Yes, I am dying to know what happens, but since the wait is til January, I think I can manage. Plus I have a slew of other books to read still and new releases to come that will answer other cliffhangers for me that were torturous so I will be able to bide my time!

Stay reading!

**For some reason blogger messed up my IMM post that I had set to post yesterday morning. It never posted! Anyway, below you will see my IMM post dated correctly and everything, it just never posted when it should have.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on Nocole Peeler´s homepage, it totally great!
    It seems we´ve got a lot in common!
    I´m following you from now on! :)

    Great review!
    I`m still waiting for my copy to be delivered, but I LOVED the first in the series!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!