Jul 2, 2010

Cover Art

Checking out some blogs this morning and was at Tynga's Reviews where she posted quite a bit of awesome cover art that I thought I might share a few of my favorites here. The first one is for Melissa Marr's last Wicked Lovely book: Darkest Mercy



The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.

Aislinn tends the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.

Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the faery courts, and in the final conflict, some will win…and some will lose everything.

The exhilarating conclusion to Melissa Marr’s New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series will leave readers breathless.

This releases February 22, 2011

Carrie Vaughn will have a new YA release out next year as well. This is a stand alone novel as far as I know.

When Jill, a competitive high school fencer, goes with her family on vacation to the Bahamas, she is magically transported to an early eighteenth century pirate ship in the middle of the ocean.

Steel releases March 15, 2011

I'm really excited about Kelley Armstrong's next book, The Gathering. It starts a new trilogy called The Darkness Rising. New characters, but same world.




Maya lives in a small medical-research town on Vancouver Island. How small? You can’t find it on the map. It has less than two-hundred people, and her school has only sixty-eight students—for every grade from kindergarten to twelve.

Now, strange things are happening in this claustrophobic town, and Maya's determined to get to the bottom of them. First, the captain of the swim team drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. A year later, mountain lions start appearing around Maya's home, and they won’t go away. Her best friend, Daniel, starts experiencing "bad vibes" about certain people and things. It doesn't help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret—and he's interested in one special part of Maya's anatomy: Her paw-print birthmark.

This one releases April 12, 2011

Those were just covers for books that I am waiting for! There were a few more as well, check out Tynga's post to see the rest.

And I will get back to reading once the weekend is over and life returns back to normal as I have to go back to work next week, so I should have a review of Tracking the Tempest up early next week.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Had to keep scrolling back up to look at that beautiful striking cover for the Darkest Mercy, I own none of the Wicked Lovely series but all the covers are very pretty. I too am digging the Carrie Vaughn cover for Steel and the concept is intriguing too! Thanks for the heads up on these Jessica and all the contests in the previous posts. I love to look at the book covers for those too!!!


    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marr's book covers are always so exquisite.

    Vaughn's YA book was amazing so while I can't say I like history books in any form I'll clearly be picking this one up because I love the author and she pulled off the whole Dragon issue beautifully well.

    New YA trilogy from my Canadian author is exciting. I fear it at the same time though. Excited about its setting in Vancouver but I always get nervous with new series from authors I love. I'm sure is going to be good because I love her work but I'm me and that means I need to worry over this. *face meet desk*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!