1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc
"The spacious store smelled of pine, snow (yes, that's a smell), and peppermint. The combination reminded me of home."*
I kind of forgot to include the location in my snapshot. But it's likely in Chapter 2, if I recall correctly!
*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.
TITLE: Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case
AUTHOR: Kristen Painter
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: Soon!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get
*in no particular order
**oh gawd! Could this topic be any harder?! And not to mention all the stink eyes that will be thrown about today! LOL!
1. CELAENA--okay please don't hate me peeps!! I just was never able to get into this story. Perhaps I never really clicked with Celaena. But the only upside is there are a few less books for me to read in the never-ending TBR pile!
2. KATNISS--perhaps again I might be cheating with this one because I never read it. I wasn't invested in the storyline like everyone seemed to be at the time. Long before the movies too! But yeah.
3. ETHAN--it's been quite a few years and several hundred books since I've read this series, but yeah, by the end, I wasn't a fan of Ethan. He did something that really affected my trust for him and ever since then I was displeased with him, moreso because he was THE love interest.
4. KEENAN--okay, I didn't necessarily not like Keenan, but I struggled to understand him at the best of times. He was a character I liked, but didn't like. He was confusing. Of course, I had more than a few moments of confusion with this series.
5. ERIC--he's another character I liked but didn't like. Granted, in the beginning I liked Eric, but towards the end, with the whole "marriage" or whatever label was on his and Sookie's relationship he started to bug me. Of course, that was only one of the things that started to bug me about this series towards the end.
And that's really all that I can think of! I don't usually have characters I dislike that everyone loves! We are usually in the same boat when it comes to shipping and not shipping characters!