Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"We are kissing on the altar. We are passionately kissing on the altar of the church in front of all the sainted statues. How many marks against us is that?" p 161
TITLE: The Adoration of Jenna Fox
AUTHOR: Mary E. Pearson
PUBLISHER: Square Fish
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: April 29, 2008
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Ten Books Set Outside The US
*in no particular order
1. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--one of my most favorite reads! And it takes place in Australia!
2. ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff--this takes place on another planet and then SPACE!! So not the US! LOL!
3. THE NAME OF THE STAR by Maureen Johnson--hello London!! And creepy ghosty mysteries!!
4. CHANGELESS by Gail Carriger--normally, Alexia is in London, but in this one, she goes to Scotland!!
5. ENCHANTED by Alethea Kontis--Arilland is another country/world entirely! With fantasy worlds you are definitely nowhere near the US!
6. GRETA AND THE GOBLIN KING by Chloe Jacobs--Greta has spent a good portion of her life in Mylena when she jumped in to save her younger brother. Here the world is ruled by goblins and humans are definitely out numbered and out classed!
7. THE IRON KING by Julie Kagawa--now while Meghan does start out her journey in the US, she quickly crosses into the world of the Fey, which is a very dangerous place indeed!
8. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--with fantasy worlds, as you learn, you're far from anything resembling the US! Yelena crosses back and forth between two countries, Ixia and Sitia in this series as a whole! And it's so awesome!
9. FALLING KINGDOMS by Morgan Rhodes--Mytica is another continent that's so very far from the US!
10. DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige--hello Oz!
And let's not forget this one: