Jul 7, 2016

Random Thursday

While going through some old boxes of my stuff, I came across a notebook that was filled with old Disney desk calendar pages! Mostly ones from some of my favorite movies. From those I will share a few of the more interesting facts. For some reason, I never saved many Beauty and the Beast pages. I feel like it was because they weren't on the calendar all that much, because I obviously would've saved them all!

So to start what will be a few weeks of factoids, we'll go the classic, Peter Pan!!

"Director Hamilton Luske cast his own son Tommy as the voice of Michael, the youngest of the Darling children."


"Marc Davis was the animator primarily responsible for designing the look and personality of Tinker Bell. Later he would do the same for Sleeping Beauty's Briar Rose and Maleficent and for Cruella De Vil of One Hundred and One Dalmatians."
 
So odd to think of that, but when I look at these characters, I feel like I see some similarities!


"Actor Bobby Driscoll is heard as the voice of the boy who'll never grow up. He's perhaps best known for appearing in Walt Disney's live-action films Song of the South, So Dear to My Heart, and Treasure Island."

Didn't know this!

"This was the first sequel to a Disney animated feature to be released in theaters since The Rescuers Down Under in 1990."

Just to note, this movie released on February 12, 2002. I kind of remember this! So many Disney sequels were directly released to video, like all the Aladdin ones! I even saw this in theaters! I think it was right before I had to go in for a surgery, so you know, movie night!






2 comments:

  1. Wasn't Return to Neverland kind of awful?? Haha! I don't actually think I ever saw it! (In other news, I'll be discussing Disney sequels for the next two Saturdays!)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!