Jul 26, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Since arriving in Doon yesterday, he'd saved me from Gideon, the icky dungeons, and now violent death at the hands of a lynch mob. Rescuing me was fast becoming "our thing". It would've been so much easier if "our thing" had been something normal and less life-threatening...like karaoke." p 147











TITLE: Doon
AUTHORS: Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon

PUBLISHER: Blink
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: August 20, 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them 


*in no particular order
**a lot harder than I thought it would be! LOL!
 

1. ZIPLINE--while there wasn't actual ziplining in this one unlike in my next pick, Maria did say she ziplined as research for when they were climbing through the trees and such in this book! To this day I still haven't done it, but keep meaning to!
2. KICK BUTT--there's a lot of issues with this series I think, in both book and movie realms, but I still liked the book series a lot! And Tris seriously rose above and kicked some butt! I feel like her in some ways because she seriously struggled in the beginning but could still kick butt!
3. SOLVE A MYSTERY--I think it would be cool to solve a mystery, though I would want Backup. In the form of a guard dog or Logan or another hot guy! ;)


4. FIND LOVE--yeah I want to find that guy who gets me! And totally indulges me in my bookish habits! i.e.: an older version of Daemon...who can be a Lux or just human. I'm not picky! ;)
5. HAVING AN EPIC GROUP OF FRIENDS--I have like maybe one good friend who lives near(ish) to me, but we rarely hang out because of conflicting schedules. And of course I have all you lovely blogger pals, but I would love to have a close group of friends who are near me so we can hang out more! I'm such a homebody, it's a little sad sometimes. :(
6. TRAVEL MORE--not necessarily to Egypt, but I'd be willing if I had a travel buddy! As it is, the majority of my bookish trips happen solo and there are times I get freaked out with being on my own in cities I am totally unfamiliar with. Regardless, there are still plenty of places I'd still LOVE to see and visit! Would do some solo if I had to!


7. GO TO A HAUNTED HOUSE--I've done ghost tours, which I guess is sorta like this, but I REALLY want to see the Winchester Mansion in California! That one would be sweet!
8. GO TO LONDON--yeah this is like the travel more one, but more specific! I want to go to London and see all the sights, yes, but also to see the Harry Potter exhibits too!
9. LEARN SWORD-FIGHTING--a little more specific of item 2, but felt like Kestrel was pretty freaking awesome in this series and yeah, sword-fighting would be cool!


10. FLY--yeah, it's my unrealistic one! But ever since learning that Jeaniene's vampires can fly at a certain point, really makes me want to fly!! LOL! If I could spend eternity with Bones, it would so be worth it!






 

16 comments:

  1. Yes, London! Doesn't London sound lovely?!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/07/ten-french-ish-things-reading-french.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Doon has such a gorgeous cover! I hope you enjoy it.

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun teaser and lovely cover! What a fun topic for Top 10! I've often wanted to do things I read about in books.

    My TT from Shepherd & the Professor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! It makes me want to read the book. My teaser this week comes from cozy mystery The Bluebonnet Betrayal by Marty Wingate. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, books set in the UK or in London definitely leave me wanting to go! Ugh, one of these days...Great list! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list. I'm totally with you on the travel more and go to London thing. Books often make me want to travel and visit the places they mention.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Solving a mystery a-la Veronica Mars style WOULD be fun. We all have a little inner Nancy Drew, right?! :)

    Just finished the Doon series. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doon sounds really good - I'm assuming it's a timeslip book? And London is fun - whereas I'd love to visit New York and LA...:) This is my TT this week - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/teaser-tuesday-26th-july-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the teaser excerpt, it sounds fun. :)
    I totally want to learn sword-fighting.. so many books feature badass sword-fighting. And so many books have made me want to have an epic group of friends, too! I guess that means I need to go be social to find some... :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ziplining is so much fun! Books have definitely fuelled my desire for travel, I want to go everywhere. I'd also love to learn sword fighting. I have a pretty great group of friends, so I reckon I can tick that one off!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/top-ten-tuesday-67/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! I would hate for that to be our thing as well- too stressful. Loved your list, zip lining would not be on it for me. A gal made the news for the flesh eating bacteria in my state. Since then zipping has been off my bucket list.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list!! I wanted to learn fencing SO bad as a teenager but the closest place to learn was in the next state. Oh well. :/ I think ziplining sounds awesome too!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Traveling is on my list too. London would be awesome!! If I could learn to fly, it would save money on airfare ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome list, Jessica. I'm with you on solving a mystery, traveling more, and haunted houses. My closest friends are far away from me too: Austria, Canada, and out in the Midwest, so I get where you are coming from there. Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you about a close-knit, close by group of friends - like the ones you see in the movies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!