Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"Since arriving in Doon yesterday, he'd saved me from Gideon, the icky dungeons, and now violent death at the hands of a lynch mob. Rescuing me was fast becoming "our thing". It would've been so much easier if "our thing" had been something normal and less life-threatening...like karaoke." p 147
AUTHORS: Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: August 20, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them
*in no particular order
**a lot harder than I thought it would be! LOL!
1. ZIPLINE--while there wasn't actual ziplining in this one unlike in my next pick, Maria did say she ziplined as research for when they were climbing through the trees and such in this book! To this day I still haven't done it, but keep meaning to!
2. KICK BUTT--there's a lot of issues with this series I think, in both book and movie realms, but I still liked the book series a lot! And Tris seriously rose above and kicked some butt! I feel like her in some ways because she seriously struggled in the beginning but could still kick butt!
3. SOLVE A MYSTERY--I think it would be cool to solve a mystery, though I would want Backup. In the form of a guard dog or Logan or another hot guy! ;)
4. FIND LOVE--yeah I want to find that guy who gets me! And totally indulges me in my bookish habits! i.e.: an older version of Daemon...who can be a Lux or just human. I'm not picky! ;)
5. HAVING AN EPIC GROUP OF FRIENDS--I have like maybe one good friend who lives near(ish) to me, but we rarely hang out because of conflicting schedules. And of course I have all you lovely blogger pals, but I would love to have a close group of friends who are near me so we can hang out more! I'm such a homebody, it's a little sad sometimes. :(
6. TRAVEL MORE--not necessarily to Egypt, but I'd be willing if I had a travel buddy! As it is, the majority of my bookish trips happen solo and there are times I get freaked out with being on my own in cities I am totally unfamiliar with. Regardless, there are still plenty of places I'd still LOVE to see and visit! Would do some solo if I had to!
7. GO TO A HAUNTED HOUSE--I've done ghost tours, which I guess is sorta like this, but I REALLY want to see the Winchester Mansion in California! That one would be sweet!
8. GO TO LONDON--yeah this is like the travel more one, but more specific! I want to go to London and see all the sights, yes, but also to see the Harry Potter exhibits too!
9. LEARN SWORD-FIGHTING--a little more specific of item 2, but felt like Kestrel was pretty freaking awesome in this series and yeah, sword-fighting would be cool!
10. FLY--yeah, it's my unrealistic one! But ever since learning that Jeaniene's vampires can fly at a certain point, really makes me want to fly!! LOL! If I could spend eternity with Bones, it would so be worth it!