Sep 29, 2016

Random Thursday

So now we return to That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser after that happy accidental break! LOL! But seriously this little book is fun, so I'm glad to get back to it even if for a short time, as in next week I'll start sharing some Halloween factoids that I discovered! Like legit just discovered!

I wanted something Halloween themed for the week leading to Halloween and saw an article chock full of factoids, so many that I decided I would divide them among the month of October! But for now, enjoy these little random facts!

(image borrowed from Assassin's Creed Wikipedia)
"'Assassin' comes from the word hashshash, meaning 'one who smokes or chews hashish'. During the Crusades an arcane Muslim order called the Assassins terrorized invading Christians by carrying out secrets murders while under the influence of hashish."


Wow. That is just totally new to me information! Lol!


(image borrowed from commons.wikimedia)
"The two robbers crucified next to Jesus were Dismas and Gestas. Their names are not mentioned in the Gospels but can be found in the Gospel of Nicodemus (Acts of Pilate), one of the many books of Christian Apocrypha."


I'm thinking back on it now, I don't think I did ever learn those two robbers name before reading this factoid!






2 comments:

  1. I didn't know their names either makes you wonder why their names aren't mentioned in the Bible.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!