Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"I wheeled just as a figure flew from the fog. A knife flashed. I felt it sink into my side as I twisted. Pain ripped through me, and my feet tangled, and a hand knocked my shoulder, as hard as it could. Gabriel grabbed for me, his fingers brushing my jacket as I flew sideways. I tried to twist, felt cold steel skim my fingertips. Then my head hit metal, and everything went black." p 114
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: August 9, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Books Of Paranormal (all levels!) Genre
*in no particular order
10. HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--adored this series so much! Such characters!! Love them! And the story was always action packed too!
9. BITTEN by Kelley Armstrong--the first book to one of my all time favorite series! Loved meeting Elena and then loved how book 2 opened us up to many more lovable characters!
8. STRAY by Rachel Vincent--an awesome series involving werecats! Think panther like creatures! It was SO awesome! Loved the mystery from book 1 and then it basically opened up hell for poor Faythe then she gave herself a nice little slice of the hell pie too! LOL!
7. DARKFEVER by Karen Marie Moning--an awesome series involving the fae! It was really intricate on a lot of levels, plus mysterious as Mac tries to find out what happened to her sister!
6. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--soooo awesome!! Aliens, book bloggers, romance, action, adventure...it couldn't be more awesomer if it tried! And yes, I just made up a word there! LOL!
5. MY SOUL TO TAKE by Rachel Vincent--Rachel's foray into the YA world and it was awesome! She broaches the subject of a teenage banshee! Though she calls her a bean sidhe...which is the Irish (I believe) name for it!
4. FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT by Darynda Jones--one of my most faves! It's paranormal mystery involving the grim reaper! And death is her super hot boyfriend!
3. DEAD WITCH WALKING by Kim Harrison--one of my very first "adult" books and one I came to love fiercely!!
2. ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD by Kendare Blake--sort of a mix of horror too, for Anna is in fact a ghost! But it's still paranormal too! And oh my! It was sooo awesome!
1. THE DARK WORLD by Cara Lynn Shultz--this one was incredibly awesome! Girl sees ghosts, has a ghost BFF, tries to keep the baddies from wreaking havoc over everyone...and then it was CANCELLED!! OH SOB!!!!!! :(