Sep 20, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"As the disc wobbled, she felt something move behind her. She couldn't hear it, not over the pounding beat of the stereo system, but she knew, instantly, in that hairs-standing-up-on-the-back-of-your-neck way, that she wasn't alone anymore." p 71













TITLE: This Savage Song
AUTHOR: Victoria Schwab
PUBLISHER: Greenwillow Books
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: July 5, 2016




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: All About Audio freebie--Top Ten Favorite Bands


*in no particular order
**Not an audio book reader, so we're going to go with music for this one! Prepare yourselves, my answers might shock you...or they have in the past with people who don't know me real well! LOL!


10. TRAPT--I'm a rocker I guess you can say! LOL! I remember getting into this band because I had been staying home from school sick a lot and I kept seeing commercials for this one! I think I was watching TRL on MTV and it was an overplayed commercial so I was like alright I'll buy the CD already! LOL!
9. AVENGE SEVENFOLD--told you I like I rock! Heehee! It was really the CD after this one that I liked! Nightmare! I think I heard the song on the Point and liked it, so naturally I go out and buy the whole CD!
8. THEORY OF A DEADMAN--this one came as a recommendation from a past coworker. I think I listened to their newest CD at the time and then went back and bought the older ones!


7. BREAKING BENJAMIN--this was a band I was introduced to when I went to an Evanescence concert! And I really liked them so, again, I go out and buy their CD!
6. DISTURBED--am I shocking you yet? Another band I think I picked up from The Point.
5. LACUNA COIL--I think they were kind of my Evanescence replacement! Lol. I think one of their songs was on a movie soundtrack possibly or I just randomly heard them on the radio and bought their CD!


4. FUEL--another rock band I picked up from a movie soundtrack! I did this a lot in highschool when looking for new music!
3. THREE DAYS GRACE--can't remember how I found them. Possibly the radio. Not quite the same since the lead singer left, but not bad either!
2. QUEEN--see, I like classic rock too! LOL!


1. AC/DC--because classic rock rocks!! LOL! A lot of my classic rock favorites were (re)brought to my attention by those early seasons of Supernatural! 




 

15 comments:

  1. Creepy . . . I wanna know who/what is in the room with her!

    Great teaser! Here's mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That teaser is spooky! Love that AC/DC is on your list!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love just about every band on your list! Disturbed was my very first concert when I was 14. :D
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I read the ARC of this one but don't remember much. Okay but forgettable was my opinion. My teaser comes from Body on the Bayou by Ellen Byron. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With this author, I'm sure its nothing good in the room with her.

    My TT from The Ice Bridge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool cover.

    Explore a psychological mystery this week in this book by Alex Marwood: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-TL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just made me realize I really need to pick up This Savage Song. AC/DC has basically become synonymous with Supernatural in my mind.

    Mel @ Reviews In A Pinch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, Supernatural has brought a lot of classic rock to my attention, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, I haven't listened to some of those albums in such a long time. and now I really want to.

    Here's my TTT this week~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't beat classic rock!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT post today!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have never guessed your music choices! Lacuna Coil used to be one of my faves, I actually saw them and Disturbed in concert about 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have never guessed your music choices! Lacuna Coil used to be one of my faves, I actually saw them and Disturbed in concert about 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I've heard some of Disturbed's songs! Here’s my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really don't listen to music but I'm at least familiar with most of these! Haha!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Queen too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/top-ten-tuesday-75/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!