Sep 6, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by MizB of Books and Beat

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"Gregor wanted me to kill him. I saw it in his eyes when he provoked me. He wanted nothing more than for me to take his life. But it was not a death wish. He was expecting a different outcome, and I needed to know what that outcome was." Kindle loc. 46%












TITLE: Forged in Fire
AUTHOR: Alyssa Rose Ivy

PUBLISHER: Smashwords
GENRE: Paranormal New Adult
RELEASE DATE: June 21, 2016






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite TV Shows of ALL Time!


*in no particular order


10. ROSWELL--three seasons was not enough! This one was so cool what with trying to keep the whole we're aliens thing from everyone except their inner circle. Government enemies chasing after them, alien enemies coming/appearing to chase after them! So awesome!
9. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER--a beloved show that will always be missed. But I will admit it did go out beautifully! Still would've loved more though!
8. MOONLIGHT--one season nowhere even close to being enough! This was so awesome! A vampire private detective and there are more vampires hanging around the city. So amazing!




7. VERONICA MARS--I admit it. I came in wayyyy too late to the Veronica Mars game. The upside is that I didn't have to endure the repeated agony of having another beloved show canceled. It was already canceled, so I could only sniff at how we'd never get resolution out of season 3, but I will admit, that movie was FREAKING AWESOME! Absolutely what should happen with all canceled TV series! Note: CANCELED and not just ended with finality. Closure is necessary!
6. iZOMBIE--another Rob Thomas show, I am in love! This one is turning out to be pretty entertaining and I REALLY need to read those graphic novels.
5. SUPERNATURAL--a show that IMMEDIATELY caught my attention with the promo commercials wayyy back in 2005. My first thought was OH THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME! My second, I hope it makes it. :( Too many "supernatural" shows had flopped, see #8. But I am ecstatic to see season 12 to start up soon!! :D

4. SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU!--one of my beloved shows from childhood! All repeats of course! LOL! This was one of the first cartoons I remember watching with my grandpa and it became my favorite! Still is too! Scooby is just such a lovable dog!
3. A PUP NAMED SCOOBY DOO--ironically this one was before my time too. But only just! I remember watching the repeats on Saturday mornings! I loved it! Scooby and the gang as kids? So awesome! My mom would record them for me on the good ol' VCR! Oh god, I'm feeling my age again! LOL!
2. RUGRATS--ah, the 90s. The epitome of awesome cartoon shows! We have Nicktoons and of course the great line on Cartoon Network! Rugrats was one of my other early favorites. Probably a "my generation" favorite! LOL!

1. MAMA'S FAMILY--yet another older one, but one of my favorites! I never watched the Carol Brunette Show where this skit first came about. But I did watch this actual show (in repeat format). It was just so funny! I loved Vicki Lawrence (Mama) she was a riot! The first season was only so-so, but the seasons after that were hilarious! I still crack up with near tears watching a particular episode or two! Was so happy when they finally released the series DVD set, it was one expenditure I had to do! LOL!


 

22 comments:

  1. Well, now I need to know what that outcome is, too!! Hope you're truly enjoying the read :)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what outcome did he expect? What outcome did he get?

    Roswell is one of my all time favorites. So is Supernatural, although I am only on season eight.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy, but I've never seen a single one of the shows you've listed, even, believe it or not, Scooby-Doo. Thanks for sharing your favorites!

    Here's my list of TV Shows I Watch Even After I Gave Up TV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Moonlight too! I was so made that stupid writers strike ruined a series that had great potential! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scooby Doo!!! I still love that show, and try to watch it whenever it's on Boomerang. It's one of my most favorite shows ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not the teaser I was expecting after seeing the cover!

    Mine this week is from Neal Shusterman’s Challenger Deep: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-Ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I'm currently mourning the demise of Bitten which I loved... As for your teaser - hm, that looks interesting. This is mine -
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/teaser-tuesday-6th-september-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious about the outcome too! I've read about people who provoked the police so they would be shot and killed. Now I'm wondering if that's the case in this book.
    My Tuesday post features THE UNLIKELY PILGRIMAGE OF HAROLD FRY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! We had Roswell and Buffy on our list too. Have a lovely week! Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Veronica Mars, and Buffy, and iZombie are all favorites of mine as well. They are truly classic. I love all those cartoons too. Basically, we have very similar tv tastes. Great list this week!

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roswell and Buffy made my list too! Great list!

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did love the Rugrats - didn't really think about the shows I loved as a kid, Recess would've definitely been one of them.
    My Favourite TV Shows for Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many of these are so great! I almost added Rugrats to my list too but ended up going with something else. I also LOVE Scooby Doo! Great list!

    Here are my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting teaser. I wonder what he is expecting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did watch Moonlight and thought it was OK. I was disappointed when it was cancelled. I agree about Mama's Family. I'd watch it with my grandmother and I'd die laughing. Perhaps I should invest in that now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome list! I love Buffy and Rugrats!

    Here’s my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really loved Buffy and Roswell too! I've wanted to re-watch Buffy for years. Maybe one day I'll get to. I love Mama's Family! I always watch it when I catch it on. It's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many good ones you listed! I'm a huge Supernatural fan and LOVED Buffy. I also watch iZombie and have really been enjoying that one. I just watched Veronica Mars for the first time and fell in love.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Buffy, Scooby Doo, Rugrats, Mama's Family....we must be kindred spirits. Scooby Doo inspired my love for cozy mysteries. I actually wrote a Scooby Doo type mystery. It's in my hope chest somewhere with all the stories I saved from my teen years.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Buffy, Scooby Doo, Rugrats, Mama's Family....we must be kindred spirits. Scooby Doo inspired my love for cozy mysteries. I actually wrote a Scooby Doo type mystery. It's in my hope chest somewhere with all the stories I saved from my teen years.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Buffy! Supernatural! Rugrats! Great picks. I really liked Moonlight too and was sad to see that one go. :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!