Sep 21, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.
 
 
 
Daphne Raines knew it was risky to enter the underworld to save the love of her life, Haden, who had sacrificed his own honor as an Underlord for her sake. But she could never have predicted that she'd end up betrothed to Haden's conniving half-brother, Garrick, new King of the Underrealmâ-and bound to his dark world.

Even worse, Haden is banished to the mortal realm, and has just days to live as poison takes over his body and mind. Only Daphne's kiss can save him, but how can she escape Garrick and reach Haden in time? Surprises lurk around every corner in the final chapter of this epic romance story, as Haden and Daphne fight to fulfill their destinies.
 
 
 
 
 
Okay, yes I did read this one already and it was awesome, by the way! As you'll be seeing my review in a few short hours. Or could be up already for some of you! LOL! But I still need my keeper copy and that is what I am waiting on! LOL!
 
AUTHOR: Bree Despain
PUBLISHER: Carolrhoda Books
GENRE: Paranormal Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: October 1, 2016 
 
 
The princess didn't expect to fall in love--with her nemesis.

Princess Sepora of Serubel is the last Forger in all the five kingdoms. The spectorium she creates provides energy for all, but now her father has found a way to weaponize it, and his intentions to incite war force her to flee from his grasp. She escapes across enemy lines into the kingdom of Theoria, but her plans to hide are thwarted when she is captured and placed in the young king's servitude.

Tarik has just taken over rulership of Theoria, and must now face a new plague sweeping through his kingdom and killing his citizens. The last thing he needs is a troublesome servant vying for his attention. But mistress Sepora will not be ignored. When the two finally meet face-to-face, they form an unlikely bond that complicates life in ways neither of them could have imagined.

Sepora's gift could save Tarik's kingdom from the Quiet Plague. But should she trust her growing feelings for her nemesis, or should she hide her gifts at all costs?
 
 
This one sounds very intriguing! I loved her Of Poseidon trilogy so I am looking forward to her return to fantasy!
 
TITLE: Nemesis
AUTHOR: Anna Banks
PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: October 4, 2016
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. I have read mixed reviews about Nemesis, so I can't wait for yours. Then I will decide if I want to read it. Dying of poison sounds awful.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Immortal throne sounds like an epic series -- I have to check it out! Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/09/21/waiting-wednesday-norse-mythology-neil-gaiman/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nemesis wasn't great for me, unfortunately! Thank goodness the series is only a duology. I hope you enjoy these books when you get a chance to read them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Jessica! Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed The Immortal Throne. I never could get past the first book in the Of Poseidon series. I hope you like her new series.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of Bree Despain but I have never read any of her books. I may just have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picks! They both sound intriguing, and the covers!!!! <3 Will definitely have to check them out. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks, I've definitely seen these ones around getting lots of buzz!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both look good, hope you love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a coincidence we both chose Nemesis this week. Hopefully we both get a chance to read it soon,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nemesis sounds so so awesome! Deff looking forward to that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty cover on that first one. You read such interesting books.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection last week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We were Wow twins! Nice! I wonder which planet I've been on that I missed that Bree Despain has a new series... and this is the third book!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!