Aug 20, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Frankie helps me retrieve the items that spilled from my purse, sans the tampons. Statement of fact: New York boyz avoid feminine products at all costs. I suppose it makes them go blind or grow hair on their palms." Kindle loc. 33%*


*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final. 










TITLE: Unearthed
AUTHOR: Cecy Robson

PUBLISHER: Cecy Robson, LLC
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: September 24, 2019





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.



This week's topic is: Favorite Tropes (submitted by Andrea @ Books for Muse)


*in no particular order
**so some of these might be stretching it calling it a trope. I struggle to differentiate tropes and genre styles or whatnot!


10. OPEN ENDED ENDING--basically instead of a HEA at the end of a series, you get a sort of open ended ending where you can imagine the characters still living their lives and having adventures!
9. UNEXPLAINED MYSTERY--I love a good mystery where things are never clear. Whether it's a mystery-mystery or something paranormal in mystery.
8. PLOT TWIST--I love a good plot twist!


7. ANOTHER POV STORY--basically when you get a story you already know and love from another character's perspective!
6. FAIRY TALE RETELLING--who doesn't love a twist to a beloved fairy tale?
5. PARANORMAL ELEMENTS--okay this is probably more genre than anything, but give me a vampire or werewolf any day versus Average Joe.


4. SPECIAL GEM--is this what we call the once ordinary person ending up being someone extraordinary later on? I have to admit, though, I do like this!
3. INSTA-LOVE--okay, I'll admit it. I occasionally like the insta-love! Mostly in my fairy tale retellings, because fairy tales are all about I JUST MET YOU AND I LOVE YOU!
2. FRIENDS TO LOVERS--gotta love the long seeded friendship turning into something more!


1. ENEMIES TO LOVERS--and of course the enemies to lovers is probably one of my favorites! Even if it's more dislike to lovers instead of the pure hate on! My favorite of course was Magnus and Cleo from Falling Kingdoms! Pure enemies to lovers GOLD!!





 

9 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since I read an another POV story. Those are fun.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fairy tale retellings, too. There are some great ones out there.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love-hate relationship with open endings. Sometimes they're good and other times they kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends to lovers is a favorite of mine as well. I like seeing that strong foundation for their romance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All my yes to plot twists! My favorite books ever have the best plot twists!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enemies to lovers is a very popular one this week! But I like them too :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these tropes are some of my favourites as well! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enemies to lovers is such a blast!!! I love plot twists. Also, and I'm sorry that my comment is kind of all over the place right now, open ended endings are some of my favourites because it really gets my mind going with ideas of what happened next in the lives of those characters and that world, you know? So I'm stoked to see you've included that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!