Apr 30, 2021

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
This week's question is: What are some common tropes you've seen in a genre you like to read? Are there any books you've read that reverse or change those tropes? (submitted by Julie @ JadeSky)


MY ANSWER: Tropes...tropes...I don't know that I have a favorite one really. It usually depends on how the author writes it. For example, love triangles. I've a love/hate relationship with love triangles. Sometimes I feel like an author might throw one into the story for the hell out it. It doesn't really fit neatly into the story and has an awkward feel to it, but love triangles are popular so let's throw one in there!

Now there are also love triangles where I love the heroine (because let's face it, it's usually the girl with two boys after her) with boy guy. Each guy has things to offer, she usually has some foundation relationship with them that "choosing" is actually really hard! Jennifer L. Armentrout's Dark Elements trilogy was a good example, but I was always Team Roth because I had issues with Zayne. Totally happy with where he's at now though! Lol!

So that was a slight detour from the topic, do I love love triangles? Eh. Whatever trope it is will depend on how it is written. That will determine if I enjoy it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!