Apr 4, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Week one of new work hours is complete and my god it was dreadful some days. I felt like I was always behind since I start later. Usually I had that nice 30-45 minutes where I'm not interrupted with anything new coming in that's urgent and whatnot. Now I start later and just as I'm working on things that come in late overnight the morning rush comes in and it's a nightmare. Will definitely take awhile to get use to always being behind on the day. Guess I'll get caught up when we get that rare slow day.

Yet another week where I didn't buy any new books. It's starting to wear on me that my reading speed is getting slower and I keep adding books to my TBR. I start to ask myself, is this something I reallllllly want to read? 90% of the time it's YES! Lol. But I didn't come out empty-handed this weekend!

 

For review I received:

Million Dollar Demon by Kim Harrison (ARC)


THANK YOU Ace Books!


Then I must have been having some bizarro rare streak of luck because I won TWO gift cards this week!

The corporate side of my work was doing a cute little Easter egg hunt, basically you choose an egg out of a cart and you'll either get candy or a treat of an Amazon gift card, a free lunch, or an extra PTO day. My first pick I lost and just got meh candy, then they came back a second time for those of us who didn't "win" and we got to try a second time. I chose an egg and won an Amazon gift card! I thought YAY books! Lol! 


Then a few hours later when I checked my email I saw I won a contest from an author I follow and won a B&N gift card!! I was on a roll! I feel like I ought to stop at the store and buy a lotto ticket...or at least a scratch off, those are at least fun! Lol.



THANK YOU Shannon!



And then finally, I broke my streak of staying off Etsy and buying t-shirts in one week! My favorite shirt site had this one up this week and it had me laughing too much to pass on it!

Cause you know, that's one boat tour you don't want to go on! Lol! (it's the name of the island from Jaws, just in case no one gets it right away!) Whether that's blood or chum in the water or just a fancy wave effect is up for debate! 


Then on Etsy, I found myself wanting a new keyfob key chain as I like these short ones that are easy to grab from my purse or bag. I've a few that I rotate, but I was wanting something new and after a long Etsy search--and this was the first search I did earlier in the week, not Friday's search. I'll show you that stuff once it arrives--I found this one:

I found this adorable bookish print on a purple band--didn't even have to request that!--from bSewCrafty on Etsy and I love it! The purple band is a nice sturdy sort so it holds its shape well. I've one that feels like a backpack strap it's so flimsy. Its still cute, just not that sturdy material that I prefer. I was positively thrilled with how this one looked in person! I do have one other bookworm design but really liked that this one was with books!



And that was it for me! Only 1 review book, gift cards to buy MORE books and some bookish (sorta technically with the t-shirt too) merch! Not too bad, much better than last week's no haul. What did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!