Apr 11, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Well, I survived another week with the new hours. I feel like fate is testing me with them too for it seemed this week that last hour or so was always filled with boredom. I was like really? And then on Friday, I actually had things coming in that last 30 minutes, so I did my due diligence to get that stuff completed, which mostly involved phone calls to companies that were long since closed for the weekend. Swell, right? Lol. Just my luck. So I'll have plenty to occupy myself come tomorrow morning. Phone calling is still not quite as easy for me, it makes me nervous for whatever reason. The tension and abject fear I always have has lessened over these few months with this job, but it's still there. So hopefully in another few months I won't have it at all!

Anyone else counting down the days to Independent Bookstore Day? I'm hoping my favorite store will have its usual festivities. I think it did last year on its postponed date. I'm also reallllly hoping my county has their annual Book Fair this year. It was canceled last year. You can guess why. But now I learned that their usual site is now a Covid vaccine site...so as to where our massive Book Fair will be held has yet to be determined...or if it will even happen. I check the website every so often since it's THAT time of year, but there hasn't been any new updates from last year when they said they're cancelling and will return in 2021. I want to say that's it's usually the first weekend of May or so as it's always around the time of Indie Bookstore Day, never the same day, but close enough to make it a book-filled palooza! 

 

Anyway, onto my goodies for this week which were pretty good. Fairy Loot was little on the meh side. I think I keep getting them mostly for the tarot cards because those are so gorgeous! I keep hoping Caraval makes it into the deck. Fingers remain crossed. Okay, focus. Here's what I bought this week:

 

House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland--an impulse buy when I kept hearing how eerie and amazing it was!
Go the Distance by Jen Calonita--really need to get back on this series! And I also need to stop buying the B&N editions. No offense to them or anything, but I like the velvety smooth covers better than the shimmery ones. Lol.
Bone Crier's Dawn by Kathryn Purdie--Fairy Loot edition and an impulse buy since I still need to read the first one but wanted my set to match. Yes...I have a terrible book addiction. Lol.
The Siren Saves the Billionaire by Kristen Painter--fell behind on this series ever since I stopped getting them for review. This is book 13 and I think I still need to read book 9? Yikes!



For review from the publisher I received:

 

What Once Was Mine by Liz Braswell (ARC)--super excited for this one as I love Tangled!! Hoping Maximus makes an appearance because I love that horse most of all! Lol!


THANK YOU Disney-Hyperion!!


 

Then I got my March Fairy Loot box...isn't this the second year now we haven't gotten our pretty purple anniversary box? Because wasn't it March that was the anniversary month? I miss that colored box. :(


 


And that was it for me this week! Not too bad all things considered. Trying to make sure I save a few recent books so I can buy them on Indie Bookstore Day, some of my older titles are hard to find in store. So...I might be in trouble. Lol! What all did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!