May 22, 2022

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Another uneventful week. Other than extremely bad weather late this week. We had some severe storms roll in and there were tornadoes fairly close to where I live. Luckily we made it out okay with no damage, but my anxiety was running high and I was left with a cranky baby and a sullen teenager. So it was not a pleasant evening to say the least! Said sullen teenager keeps inviting herself over too every single weekend and it's a bear to get through as she's been going through this extreme greedy phase that has been ongoing for a few years now. It's kind of making me dread weekends now! Lol. I've been trying to find my own place for awhile now but can't ever seem to find something that is affordable and safe. The two don't seem to coincide in my neck of the woods since I'll be living solo. So that's the struggle I've been having for several months now. Fingers crossed that I can find something soon that meets my needs!


Here's what I got this week:

A Touch of Ruin by Scarlett St. Clair
A Touch of Malice by Scarlett St. Clair
Curse of the Wolf King by Tessonja Odette--after loving this one, I decided I wanted the hardcovers as they have gorgeous naked covers underneath. Once the third one arrives next week, I plan to take pictures to show you all!
Heart of the Raven Prince by Tessonja Odette


Then I got my May Adult Fairy Loot book. I really need to remember to take a picture of that new book box. I keep forgetting! So here's my standard picture of the sub box as a stand-in!

I mean, I feel like everyone knows what the book was, but I don't want to share just in case! The design itself was okay. I wasn't a fan of one of the colors. It just seemed too much. The naked cover was pretty cool as were the end pages though, so it's not a total loss!


And then I got my The Bookish Box Crave set! Having ordered these almost a year ago I was super excited to get them! There was a cover error done on Court, and a replacement dust jacket will be coming but the naked cover itself will have to remain erroneous. It's not a big deal in the long run, but I am happy a replacement dust jacket is coming. Sadly, my copy of Covet was pretty damaged on the back cover, but I already started the process for a replacement, so that will be squared away soon too!

And because of the long wait, TBB was kind enough to include a cute little bookish road sign thingy. Lol. It has the Katmere crest on it! It's rather cool!


Then I did something pricey. I had regretted not buying the Illumicrate box of From Blood and Ash but since all the box companies were doing them at the same time, I settled on two and have lamented my choice ever since. So yes, I paid too much for this, but I'm happy to have it now! Lol.



Then I got my preorder gift for Book of Night!

Thank you Tor Books!


More cringing as I think of my credit card bill this month, I made a stop at the JLA shop when I saw the cute new Lux pin! Deciding I wanted that, the FBAA pin and then I decided to go for broke and get the matching Lux notebook as well!



And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!