Jun 17, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):


How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile


MY ANSWER: Well I guess I don't have too many compared to other bloggers, but it always seems like a lot to me when I sometimes feel like I might want to re-read something or whatever. But I have been doing good at knocking off books in the pile, so currently I have 5 physical books in a pile, plus 3 Kindle books--one I might not even read really.

So that's 8 total, but taking into consideration that I have 1 book that I won recently so it's in the mail somewhere and I plan to buy possible 2 more this weekend if not 1!

So by Sunday my total might be 10. But still not a lot! I have the feeling once I start hopping around the numbers are going to blow me away!

This is a weekly blog meme created by Parajunkee's View.
Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com/
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


This week's question is: Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

MY ANSWER: My genre is Urban Fantasy! Has always been! Can't even remember what book it was that made it my fave. Really at the time UF wasn't too big, so it might not have even been called that! But anyway, I believe the book that totally started my obsession passion was Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes!! It was my first vampire novel, that I can recall and I read it like a dozen times! I even did my freshman (high school) book report on it!



22 comments:

  1. Hopping by from the hop!

    Trust me, when you start hopping around, you'll be like WOW! haha. Some people have so many books, it's like...will you ever even read them all? haha. I have a little number too and I like it like that! :)

    My Hop is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there! I used to love Amelia Atwater-Rhodes's books when I was in high school. Of course, that was back when I was reading every Anne Rice novel I could get my hands on. Jeez, no wonder I'm burned out on vampires now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, tiny TBR. I have about 90, 100 books sitting on my shelves that I haven't read plus some ebooks...

    I'm not good at getting books of the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable, you're so controlled. So many of us are out of control. There is a feeling of passion when you're out of control. Does that make sense? Maybe I've totally lost my mind. Be yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Urban Fantasy as well. I haven't heard of that one you picked, I'll have to check it out! :)

    Do you have a "virtual" tbr pile (like on Goodreads)? I'm like you though, my physical books are minimal. I generally only have (at most) 10 books on hand. Kindle/ebooks though I have a lot for the rare (never gonna happen) case where I run out of physical books to read. lol

    Thanks for stopping by friday blogs hops as well!

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really need to read more Urban Fantasy! Everyone loves it, it seems! :) I will totally have to check out the book you posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jessica,
    These questions on the follow KILL ME! How can you choose with so many wonderful genres and books!
    My answer is based on my favorite book of the year. You and I loved the Fever series, well, no great surprise there, GREAT minds think alike. Have a great weekend!
    See ya,
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of agree with Dana (Readaholics)here, but as you saw - thanks for visiting - I came up with something! I love the cover of Demon in my View. Might have to pop it onto the pile. Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay great now I feel normal with my 10 haha. Everyone has all these crazy numbers I'm thinking I'm missing out on something!!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Thanks for stopping by!

    I enjoy a good urban fantasy book as well. And 10 books?!?!?! That is sooooo manageable I can't even tell you. LOL That's like what I have to get done by the end of next week!

    Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping by!

    Wow, just 10? That's soooo much better than me. I can't even count mine. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders ;)
    Here's my answer: http://femalebookreader.blogspot.com/2011/06/youre-kidding-right.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have way more than 8. Come read my Book Blogger Hop post in which I discuss my TBR and coin a new way of measuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jessica! I like Urban Fantasy too. Happy Friday! Hugs, J

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm all over urban fantasy, too. Patricia Briggs was the author who made me fall. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohmygosh! Your first vampire book was Demon in My View? ME TOO! I tell people I've been reading Amelia Atwater-Rhodes since she was published and people are like "huh? who?" Whaaaat?!

    I actually found you because of your comment on another blog hop. You said you've been reading forever and that you were surprised that a lot of bloggers are just started reading types. Well, friend, I too, have been reading forever. Since in the womb practically. I consider it a medal of honor.

    I'm totally following you.

    Sorry about the gushing. I was just thrilled about your blog hop :) I'm not normally so excitable.

    ♥Trish Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jessica, your blog could not be more amazing! I absolutely love stopping by here...so lucky to have connected with you!

    Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the visit. I hope you have a great weekend.

    Only 8 books on Mt. TBR... wow. I wouldn't want to try to figure out how many are on mine.

    (old follower)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought my TBR pile was small but you have me beat.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Only 8 or 10 books in your TBR pile? I wish I could say that!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't imagine only having 5-10 physical books to read. But I compulsively buy books and just... acquire them. :) I just cleaned up all my teetering piles, but I'm sure half my book shelf is still waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aah! We're like twins! (Except not really lol) I chose Dystopian but Urban Fantasy will forever be on my list of favorites and Demon In My View was one of my first vampire novels as well! I ate those books up! And I totally looked up to Amelia because she was so young writing these AMAZING books about vampires and shapeshifters. (I did my report on Demon in my View as well!) ;)

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hopping a little late, but thanks for stopping by! UF is a great choice!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!