Dec 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Monster hunter Evangeline Stone woke up on the wrong side of dead this morning—and now there’s hell to pay.

Barely recovered from her extended torture at the hands of mad scientist Walter Thackery, Evy can use a break. What she gets instead is a war, as the battered Triads that keep Dreg City safe find themselves under attack by half-Blood vampires who have somehow retained their reason, making them twice as lethal. Worse, the Halfies are joined by a breed of were-creature long believed extinct—back and more dangerous than ever. Meanwhile, Evy’s attempts at reconciliation with the man she loves take a hit after Wyatt is viciously assaulted—an attack traced to Thackery, who has not given up his quest to exterminate all vampires . . . even if he has to destroy Dreg City to do it. With Wyatt’s time running out, another threat emerges from the shadows and a staggering betrayal shatters the fragile alliance between the Triads, vampires, and shapeshifters, turning Evy’s world upside down forever.

TITLE: Wrong Side of Dead
AUTHOR: Kelly Meding
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
January 31, 2012


Avery and Ben are just beginning to explore the depth of the bond that links them. Their ability to sense each others' feelings and Avery's mysterious connection to the forest mean that their love is unlike any other. But even such a perfect bond can be strained by jealousy, and when Hope, a gorgeous girl from Ben's old life, arrives in town, Avery can't help but feel threatened. And in more ways than one-because someone is trying to kill her, again.

Also new in town are a pair of Hunters-men who know about werewolves and who seek only to destroy what they can't understand. Hope is connected to the Hunters somehow, but by the time Avery figures out her secret, it's too late-and someone will pay with their life. With the glowing, emotional language that made
Low Red Moon such an irresistible read, Moonrise ups the romantic stakes with a heart-tugging sacrifice that testifies to the power of love.


REALLY looking forward to this one! I know Low Red Moon got mixed reviews in the blogging world for different reasons, but I really enjoyed it! Thought it had a great mystery aspect and it's been sooooooooo long since I've read it! A sequel is much appreciated!


TITLE: Moonrise
AUTHOR: Ivy Devlin
GENRE:
YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE:
January 31, 2012




15 comments:

  1. Oh I love Moonrise synopsis. Great choice for the week!

    Aleksandra from My Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great picks this week. I like these pics are a lot.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both sound good! *Clicks over to Goodread* Thanks Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Wrong Side of Dead before. It sounds good as well as Moonrise. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. That girl in the cover is sexy! lol! Ok, so that's the first thing I've noticed (jealous much). Great pick! I especially liked Moonrise! Hope it's as good as the premise =)

    Have a great wednesday!!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. moonrise looks great!

    stop by my wow?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Low Red Moon was a blah for me, so I'll skip that one. However Wrong Side of Dead looks like a good UF!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I have a love/hate relationship with the Dreg City series, I'm also very eager to read "Wrong Side of Dead". Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about Ivy Devlin. At least I think I've got the author right. Anyway, I like the simplicity of the cover, because it still piques your interest.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of either of these series, but they both sound really interesting! I'll have to check them out on Goodreads.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kelly | Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these look interesting. Thanks for sharing them and stopping by my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these books sounds awesome!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by! Moonrise sounds just my speed, so I've added it to my TBR list. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by! I hadn't heard about either of these. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Moonrise sounds like a awesome read, I will have to make sure I read the first book before this book comes out. Great WoW pick. I've add this book to my reading list. Here's My WoW and I'm now a new follower

    Peace, Love & Good Books From Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!