May 21, 2013

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

Totally loving this one! It's set in the same world as The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, taking place I think 60 years later. So no Victoria, but she is mentioned as being the great-great aunt of Evaline! But yes, this is definitely becoming a fave!! 

"His eyes bored into me as I edged away. I could feel his angry stare between my shoulder blades as if he held the barrel of a Steam-Stream gun there. And of course, the moment I was out of his presence, I thought of all the sorts of cool, smart things I could have said to put him in his place." p 142*


*This quote comes from my ARC copy, therefore it and the page number are not final








I totally love this teaser because I have found myself in this same position as Miss Holmes. When you're just too flabbergasted by the other person's attitude (or idiocy or something else!) that you can't come up with that snarky comeback until its too late!

TITLE: The Clockwork Scarab
AUTHOR: Colleen Gleason

PUBLISHER: Chronicle Books
GENRE: Steampunk/Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: September 17, 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Favorite Book Covers Of Books I've Read
*in no particular order
1. 13 to Life by Shannon Delany

This shouldn't surprise any old followers!



2. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Really, all these covers in the series are awesome!



3. Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder (original hardcover version)

The perfect cover for a fantasy/magic read!



4. Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel

Totally just gorgeous!



5. Magic for a Price by Devon Monk

Allie looks totally kickbutt here and ready to save the world! Love the flame colored magic!



6. Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson

I looove this cover! It's just the prefect kind of werewolf novel! Really like Cold Blooded's cover too, but I haven't "read it" yet.



7. Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson

This cover is just deliciously awesome! Criminy rocks!



8. Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

This one is really pretty! Love the colors and the darkness, gives it a mysterious feel!



9. Viper Moon by Lee Roland

Another kickass Urban Fantasy cover! Behind in this series but still looove this cover!



10. Arise by Tara Hudson

I have read this entire trilogy now, but I still think I like this cover the best! Amelia is a little more clear this time and I love the graveyard and purple colors behind her!






26 comments:

  1. Good teaser -- and yes, I know the feeling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can also relate to the feeling of the teaser!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I love the stepbacks in the Night Huntress series as much as the covers themselves. They're so HOT! :) Awesome list!

    Here's my TTT --> Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser.. Yes and afterwards you think of the best comebacks ever! I know that feeling.

    New follower here btw. Just followed you on all your networks :0)
    My TT post is from Dark Child

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygosh what a creepy, awesome cover!! I love it!! The teaser is great too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser....and I can totally relate to thinking of the great response...after. LOL

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearly, Departed and Arise do have fantastic covers. Great picks!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser, I've add the book on my TBR :)

    And I absolutely love your list of gorgeous covers :) I agree on all of them & Full Blooded is on my TTT, too :) You need to read Hot Blooded soon, it was awesome!

    And I don't think I ever mentioned, but I loved 13 to Life, I was your winner last year & I read it, it was lots of fun, although I still haven't read the rest :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some really great cover choices in your TTT this week :).
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a pretty cover and great teaser too!

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my TT earlier. Oh, and just to clear all the confusion and doubts, the guy in my teaser isn't pregnant! The two friends are just joking! Anyways, I hope it made you laugh. :P

    Have a great week ahead!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when a character relates to you so well like that because I feel that way all the time. I find myself thinking up wonderful things out of the moment. Thank you so much for stopping by my TT. The covers you chose are fantastic. There are some here that I haven't seen yet, and others that would be on my list as well. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Intriguing teaser, Jessica. As for covers...Jeaniene Frost always gets some good ones! My teaser: Wall-to-Wall Dead

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice teaser. I have been curious about this book. Thanks for visiting my teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab teasser and some great covers. You can find my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite out of these is Dearly Departed, it’s so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser. Definitely relatable. Also the book looks really cool, when you say Miss. Holmes are we talking Sherlock Holmes? Will have to check it out :)

    -Happy Reading!
    TheBookFaerie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, lots of great choices! That cover for Hemlock is much nicer than the one I have and I love the cover for Wicked as They Come!

    My Top 10 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm, this is a new one to me. And being mention of clockworks...I'm curious. :) Do hope you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice tease! Some great covers there too!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Teaser! I'll have to check that one out !

    Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's an intense teaser and I'll definitely be looking into that book. Thanks for posting.

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great teaser. I like the cover a lot too!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great tease! Love the cover too.
    You have some awesome books in your top ten, I love all the Devon Monk ones in that series!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!