Jan 7, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"'A life for a life,' Briar repeated as faint gasps came from around her. 'Goodbye.'

Then she forgot how to breathe."














TITLE: Briar Rose
AUTHOR: Jana Oliver

PUBLISHER: Macmillian's Children's Books
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: September 12, 2013






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014


*in no particular order
 1. Publish my book in some format
2. Reading goal set at 150--hoping to top it like I did in 2013


3. Meet new authors
4. Hopefully finish writing my second book


5. Try to meet new people--I'm kind of a homebody and read too much, need to get out more! ;)



Can't think of much...






24 comments:

  1. Oh, you're reading "Briar Rose", that's great! I hope you're enjoying it, I already got my copy and hope to start it soon ;)
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I hope Briar will be OK! That's quite an intense teaser you have there, Jessica!

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser.

    Happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you in finishing your book! Hope you find a great way to publish it!

    Here's my list of Book-ish Resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh love the teaser! I am dying to read that book! It sounds awesome!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I would love to read 150 books! Maybe one day I can actually do that. ;) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this book! I love the teaser. This week my teasers are from Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill and Grave Dance by Kalayna Price. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really liked the second line...
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/teaser-tuesday-january-07/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals! Good luck with your publishing. You'll do great! And great teaser, too. I'll have to check this one out. For some reason, I've been kind of obsessed with Sleeping Beauty lately. :D Happy Tuesday, Jessica! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, good luck with getting published! I'm excited to read what you've written. And have fun meeting new people :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you achieve your goals this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. An intriguing teaser. Good luck with your reading goals! My teaser: The Hound of the Baskervilles

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like this are great but attainable goals. Congrats on the book! That's super exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice tease. I haven't seen this one before. Looks interesting.
    Good luck with your goals for 2014.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish you luck trying to publish your book!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Briar Rose on my very long TBR list...
    That's a great set of goals you have for 2014. Good luck with them!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by YA Book Addict!! Have a great day!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my post! This book looks really good, especially from the teaser!
    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope she hasn't forgotten how to breath for real... scary. Great teaser. Here's my teaser: http://www.tfwalsh.com/writing/teaser-tuesday-marionette/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some great resolutions you have made, Jessica. I can't wait to read your book- all the best with that!

    Thank you for stopping by my post earlier. I hope 2014 has started off really well for you and I hope it's a bookish year. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great goals! Good luck with publishing your book and writing a second one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Meet new authors!! Wish I could do that in Montreal. We get one every November.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my... great tease, I don't like goodbye's!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these goals! I definitely can't wait to meet new authors! I get to meet a few at the end of the month and I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!