Jan 21, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

"'Beauty...is a challenge. it pushes up through winter earth and unfurls into a flower. It chases the nighttime away with a glorious sunrise. Beauty reaches out and puts its fingers around your heart.'" Kindle location 1718/4115*




*This quote comes from the e-ARC therefore it and the location are not final.










TITLE: Grim: Beauty/Beast
AUTHOR: Tessa Gratton

PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: February 25, 2014



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist


*in no particular order


Oh that's a hard one. Authors do write the books I want to read. I've had a craving for paranormal books before they were ever popular and now that the genre has taken off, I'm in absolute bliss! But I will just pick things I would love to continue seeing!

 1. MORE Vampires
2. MORE Werewolves
3. MORE Ghosts



4. MORE Witches
5. MORE Demons
6. MORE Gargoyles


7. MORE Fairy Tale Retellings or Inspirations
8. MORE Snark--because you can never have enough snarky characters!
9. MORE Magic


10. MORE Vampire Academy Graphic Novels--so be sure to buy Shadow Kissed!




25 comments:

  1. Lovely teaser, Jessica!
    Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list. I like snark too. More Magic um yes and definitely more ghouls and monsters. I also like your teaser. I can't wait to see your thoughts on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree that there should be more snark. Characters should have strong personalities because they are much more interesting to read about. One of my favorite snarky characters would have to be Percy Jackson.
    Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely a monster reader!

    I tweaked the prompt, too, and a book-ish wishlist of book-ish things I wish I had. Hope you'll stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quote. Well chosen.

    Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that teaser, Jessica. The writing is so lyrical. I'm gonna enjoy Grim. :)

    And let me get this straight about your wishlist...you basically just want MORE?!? LOL That's awesome! :)

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely yes to more witches and ghosts and snark! Can't get enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's always room for more snark, right?

    And yes, yes, yes to more paranormal everything! I think people started to get sick of it, but I never have. Vamps and shifters are still my favorite things to read about!!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you! I love snark, I love vampires, I love werewolves and ghosts... I'm not a huge fan of graphic novels, though. I don't know why - I think it's the same reason I have trouble watching movies based on my fave books, the characters always look a certain way in my mind, it is never the same when I see an actor pretending to be a character I love :)

    Your teaser is awesome! I have Grim too, and I can't wait to read it :) Fairytales are awesome, and retellings can be truly amazing when they're done well!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :) Happy reading, Jessica.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love the teaser--beautifully put! I can definitely always use more fairytale retellings. As for the rest, I'd love to see some new spins on the basic legends. I wouldn't mind more vampires, for example, but not more of the same. We need some new twists on these awesome paranormal creatures. Great list! Happy Tuesday!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tease and your list! Can never ever have enough snark!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am so curious to what your opinion of Grimm is, I almost got it for review but then I was a little hesitant so I didn't. I like your list at least it has a theme..lol. (I never made it through the first VA book..I'm bad I know..lol) So not sure about graphic novel versions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotta agree about snarky characters! That way I could steal their lines BWAHAHAHA! Thanks for stopping by my post

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a really lovely teaser. Thanks for sharing. Hope you're enjoying it.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely teaser. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the teaser- I actually just started this book as well. I would like more paranormal too. I can not get enough of it.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your list! Especially more snark, YES TO MORE SNARK! Great pics :)

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your list. I wouldn't mind reading about gargoyles.
    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, Grimm really caught my attention.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I soooo want to read Grim! But it's one of those books I really want to hold in my hand and read since so many authors are involved... You know what I mean? So I am trying to wait till I can buy a final copy. I loved your list! By the way, Gargoyles was one of my all time favorite cartoons:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have yet to read a book about Gargoyles. Can't get enough retellings either :D Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tease!! Love the top10, i want to read loads of them too!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha! Yes for gargoyles and retelling. I love how you've focused on the MOR in your list. Great choices, Jessica!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my post earlier and apologies for stopping back at yours so late! Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!