Feb 18, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

Finally reading Shatter Me! It's a bit of struggle so far. Juliette is definitely a damaged heroine, but she does have her moments, like in this one...






"'I like my clothes,' I tell him. I'd like to punch you in the eye, is what I don't tell him." p 75
















TITLE: Shatter Me
AUTHOR: Tahereh Mafi

PUBLISHER: Harper
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: November 15, 2011





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader


*in no particular order


 1. Books! Love getting review books, love talking about books! Anything book related goes!
2. The Community! Love finally having people who share my love of reading, especially paranormal books!
3. Reviews! Love writing them and reading them!


4. Making friends! I've made so many new blogger friends and it's just been incredible!
5. Meeting authors! Even meeting new authors! Of course I met Maria V. Snyder before blogging, but the idea is still the same!
6. Excitement! Who else can I get excited about books over with than my blogging pals in the blogging world!


7. Learning about new books from other bloggers! Be they NEW or new to me books!
8. Learning about new authors! Such as Danielle Paige and the upcoming, awesomely new Dorothy Must Die!!
9. Sharing the love! Truly, bloggers are some of the nicest people ever! I can't count the times how many of my blogging pals loaned me their ARC of a book I wanted to read and they let me borrow it by mailing it! And of course there's all the contests we bloggers are always doing on our own part! That's a lot of love going around and I love that!


10. Because blogging is fun!




28 comments:

  1. Cute. I'm wondering what comment he made about her clothes.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like she's got a spark to her! I hope you enjoy the book :) And I like the design makeover on the blog! And I agree wholeheartedly with all your favourite things about blogging!
    My TT
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I'm so glad you're reading Shatter Me! I hope you're loving it! :) Love your Top Ten - very creative using the pics. I like blogging for those reasons as well. Happy Tuesday, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser! I've always been curious about this book.

    Here's my TT and hope you have a great week, Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post - I think my favourite thing about being a blogger is the ability to share my excitement about a book with likeminded souls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teaser made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank heavens for that inner censor that keeps us from saying what we really think. My teasers this week are from Shame on You by Tara Sivec and Burn Bright by Bethany Frenette. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the teaser! Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh I love the Teaser Tuesday~ that's a great choice of quote. I may have to go re-read Shatter Me before I get to the rest because I'm realizing how much of it I forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I love this series. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A guy who makes negative comments about a girl's clothing just doesn't have a clue! No wonder she wants to punch him.
    My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes to all of these! I agree completely! I have found so many amazing new books, authors, and people through being a book blogger. Great list.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the quote that you chose from Shatter Me. Juliette is such a funny character when she's not acting all depressed. Also, great list, I especially agree with #8.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with your Top Ten! And sharing the love is some of the most fun I've had. I have been following your blog for years and have always enjoyed what you post about!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I love being a part of the blogging community and I love the teaser. Shatter Me is so good!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like one spunky heroine. Enjoy the rest of it! Mine: The Begonia Bribe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your teaser! I have to finish this series! Here is mine: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2014/02/teaser-tuesday-body-in-woods-by-april.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so want to read Shatter Me! Great teaser. Hope you're enjoying it! Great list as well. I think fun is the best reason to keep blogging! The most important. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Jessica!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  19. *Snickers* Punch him!! Funny tease!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  20. Classic Juliette. Love her!

    Thanks for stopping by! Old follower. :)
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I'm so excited about Dorothy Must Die too! <3 I love your list! Followed you on blogger :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really loved your teaser and reading why you love being a blogger. And even though I loath Sponge Bob I especially loved your last reason. :)

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday, sorry it took me so long to get to coming by here though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, all great reasons indeed :D
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha, ha! Awesome Teaser! I LOVED Shatter Me, and that teaser is just the push I need to start book 2 soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers!

    HAPPY READING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha I love your excitement on your top ten :) Blogging *is* fun!

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the images you use with each of these. Especially the last one :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!