Feb 25, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

So far this one's pretty awesome. Had a bumpy start, but that was also due to me being in a tad noisy environment! Loving it so far!
 
"'I am a gentleman. That's why you're on your own with those clothes.' Then he decided to turn my teasing back on me. 'Besides, if I were to take them off, I'd need to taste you right--' the hand not supporting me rose to ever-so-gently slide over my throat until his thumb caressed the hollow, '--here.'" p 82











TITLE: Bad Blood
AUTHOR: Lucienne Diver

PUBLISHER: Samhain Publishing
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 1, 2013 (for this edition, first pub. 6/28/11)



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




This week's question is: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND!
Top Ten Favorite Books that Surprised You (Meaning I was glad I was wrong about whatever preconceived notions I had about the book!)

*in no particular order


1. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost--had thought it was going to be more of a romance book, so glad I was wrong!
2. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder--had thought it would be a bit "complicated" being in a magical type world. Again, glad I was wrong!
3. 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil--an awesome thriller that was kind of heartracing! Had thought it would be more of a contemp.


4. Intertwined by Gena Showalter--was hesitant since it had a male narrator and I wasn't used to that at the time!
5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead--this is what brought me back to YA since my online friends told me I had to read it! Was worried it would have too much teen drama and angst like the YA books had at the time!
6. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong--another series I was afraid would have too much focus on romance, but I got over it when I learned I was so wrong!


7. Divergent by Veronica Roth--wasn't sure how I would take to the dystopian genre since I loved paranormal. But took a chance on it and loved it!
8. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones--from this cover I thought it was more of a chick lit book despite the skill and scythe. And oh wow was that wrong! Charley is anything but chicky!
9. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins--I thought this one would be like a Harriet Potter! Note the play on words. But yeah, that was wrong too. Sophie was freaking hilarious!


10. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion--wasn't sure how I would like a book about a zombie boy. But then the previews for the movie made it look pretty awesome! So I read the book THEN bought the DVD! So I still did it the right way! ;)




32 comments:

  1. That sounds like a cheeky tease. I can't remember seeing this book before. Hope you're enjoying it.
    Some interesting choices for your Top Ten. I'm about to start Divergent.

    Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're teaser was a great one, and I love your choice for a Rewind topic. I was pleasantly surprised by Hex Hall as well. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was like you with VA... i was worried it would be cheesy and drama filled but it was amazing! Great list!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Divergent. Hope they do a good job on the film. Glad you liked Vampire Academy. Haven't read it yet but I bought it for my brother for Christmas and when he's done with it, I'm totally stealing it! :D Happy Tuesday!
    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teaser is awesome, Jessica! And your list of books is really nice too. It's good to talk about books that ended up being a good surprise even if you thought they were going to be different from the way they really were.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :) Have a terrific Tuesday!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I love rewind TTTs. It makes reading everything really different :). I adored Bitten and Divergent. Glad I gave Halfway to the Grave a chance but it wasn't my cuppa!

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I loved Vampire Academy. I haven't read Hex Hall, I need to check that one out. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser. You had some great choices on your TTT! I was really iffy about reading Halfway to the Grave too, now it's one of my favorite series! Same thing with First Grave on the Right. That series is hilarious, and the stories are actually good! Please check out my TTT here! Also, I am a new follower and would love if you followed me back!

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh. So sensual. Love your teaser.
    My Teaser today is from WILD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I LOVED VA and Women of the Otherworld series, glad you liked them.
    And I need to ckeck out some of the other books.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices. I want to read Vampire Academy. I was also afraid to tackle dystopian because it was never a favorite of mine. Reading The Hunger Games made me interested in reading more and I really enjoyed The Eleventh Plague after that. My daughter polished off the Divergent series in four days. I still haven't read that yet.

    Hope you'll visit me today to see my list of 10 books I can't believe I've never read: http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-books-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good list, I loved Hex Hall more than I thought I would as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I love when this happens. The only book on your list I have read is Divergent, but I was also amazed at how good it was. So much action!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you on so many of these books. I loved the Hex Hall series and beg everyone to read them. Poison Study was a great book too. Great TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I REALLY liked your teaser, Jessica! I'll make sure to check this book out ;)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, great teaser! Sounds like my kinda book! HAPPY READING!

    Thanks for stopping by Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! So glad you liked Poison Study. At first I wasn't sure of it either but absolutely loved it and all of Snyder's other fantasy books! Warm Bodies also surprised me too it was so witty and funny!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-rewind-favourite-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha, nice teaser. I like that he says he's a gentleman, but clearly has another side to him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pick. I really enjoyed Warm Bodies too, even though I wasn't really sure I would - the movie trailer made me buy and read the book too. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't think I would like VA and I was so surprised when I loved it! I loved Hex Hall and Halfway to the Grave! I definitely want to read Darynda and Kelley's books!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh. Bad blood looks good. A gentleman, huh. Hehe.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had the same feelings about Hex Hall. Female Harry Potter wannabe, I thought, but was happy to find the opposite. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh - I one-clicked Bad Blood...now I'm even more excited about it, Jessica. Thanks for that teaser. ;) *haha* Vampire Academy would definitely make my list as well. I almost didn't pick it up because I didn't like the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent tease!! I was so pleasantly surprised by Warm Bodies. I love it :D Halfway to the Grave I actually wasn't expecting any romance. I felt the same way you did about Vampire Academy and am really glad that I gave it a chance! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whew.... love the teaser Jessica! I know I'd like that book!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the teaser! this is a great list too, btw! I haven't read most of the books on this list and they're all going to my tbr pile. I have seen Warm Bodies but I haven't read the book yet. I should go check it out! Thanks for stopping by my TTT :D

    Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  27. You got a great top ten over here. Love the charley davidson books.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was also worried about some on your list. You nailed VA right on the head for me. It looked way to girly and drama-ish for me too. I was glad I decided to go past that and give it a shot. I am also iffy on dystopians though I don't know why, but the movie got me to read Divergent and I really enjoyed it. I got Hex Hall for christmas but have yet to read it, but i've been a little iffy on it. so many people say how good it is so I plan to read it very soon!

    Old follower!

    Amber @ Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think I need to read some of those books on your TTT if they're so good. There's quite a few I haven't read actually, I'm behind on the times apparently. Also the teaser was great!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday and I have a TTT on my blog as well, but not in this link.
    http://lifeandeyeliner.com/2014/02/25/teaser-tuesdays/

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many awesome books on this list: Divergent, Halfway to the Grave, Vampire Academy, Poison Study, Warm Bodies, Hex Hall, and First Grave on the Right. I'll definitely check out the others soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for stopping my by TTT - and sorry for the late reply!

    Most of these books I haven't read, but Warm Bodies I did - and I loved it! I am not a zombie fan at all, but I really ending up loving this book. Maybe because they find a "zombie cure" lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. Vampire Academy is one of the series that re-dragged me to YA too. Like you, the teen angst/drama had pushed me away for awhile. 3:59 is one I want to read.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!