Jul 22, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:


1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


"'It's downpouring, we have no cell phone service,, and we're in the middle of the mountains. Don't panic. Sure,' Korbie said. p 39*


*Quote comes from the ARC copy, therefore it and its page number are not final.










TITLE: Black Ice
AUTHOR: Becca Fitzpatrick

PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Thriller YA
RELEASE DATE: October 7, 2014





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island


*in no particular order


1. Ash from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey Chronicles--Ash would be a good hunter and I think that would be necessary on an island
2. Atticus from Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles--Atticus too would be good to have around, he's old, but powerful and intelligent
3. Yelena from Maria V. Snyder's Study Trilogy--Yelena knows how to taste for poisons--how she can do this without getting sick herself, I could never understand--which would also be good for getting the safe foods from the island


4. Clay from Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld Series--yes, another guy! I can't help myself! Clay would be another awesome asset since he's a werewolf! He'd be good to keep any other island inhabitants away!
5. Janco from Maria V. Snyder's Study Trilogy--Janco would be a delight to have around! He's funny, plus also resourceful just like Yelena!
6. Guy from Victoria Scott's Fire & Flood Duology--omg, did you see how Guy kicked ass in this competition?! I sooo want him on my deserted island!


7. Daemon from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux Series--do I need a reason to have Daemon there (and possibly me being some years younger?)?
8. Charley from Darynda Jones's Charley Davidson Series--because we're all gonna need some laughs!
9. Four from Veronica Roth's Divergent Trilogy--as long as he looks like Theo James while he's at it, I also think Four is a good survivor and resourceful type! We may not even be stranded for long!


10. Hermione from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series--she's a freaking genius and she has magic! Definitely someone I want on a deserted island with me!




24 comments:

  1. Ooh, Black Ice. I want this one. Thanks for the tease. And Four... yeah, I wouldn't object to being stuck on a deserted island with him either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a teaser- the mountains, no cell service. Hmmm wonder if they get cozy.

    Have you seen the Bitten series on Netflix? (if not, don't watch it with kids around) If Clay looks like him, I would want him on an island with me too.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the humor in the teaser and your top ten looks great, Jessica.
    Here's my teaser http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2014/07/teasertuesday-opening-paragraph-love-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teaser and some of the other books look good too.
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only two I know from your list is Four and Hermione! I'm such a failure at being a book worm! Haha! Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would probably panic...Great teaser! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely check the book out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! LIke you, I don't know too many of yours, but Four and Hermione are definitely great choices. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Tuesday! (Also great tease. Love the sarcasm. Here's MIne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daemon and Four are on the top of my list! Great teaser too. Happy reading. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2014/07/22/teaser-tuesday-july-22/

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could I forget four! He is def worth having handy on an island.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I am so excited about Black Ice! I'm not ashamed to say that I LOVED her Hush, Hush series :) And what a great list of people! I would have many of the same :)

    (And you never need to explain Daemon. Ever)

    Jessica @ Ramblings on Readings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would defintiely be inclined to panic in such a situation. And speaking of, I'm with you on wanting Hermione Grainger with me on a deserted island. She's smart, resourceful, and -- like you said -- knows magic. With any luck she'd have a magic tent in that bag of hers. ☺ My teaser: Mr. Monk Gets on Board

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your team for TTT! You all would have excellent chances of survival. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. :D That cover is great. and if the guy from that cover gets lost with me i would not be disappointed! ahhahaha
    Here is my TT: http://sparklingbooks.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/teaser-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser - I would be panicked!! LOL And I haven't read most the books on your top ten list, but I'm reading the Lux series now and I definitely understand why you'd add Daemon to the list. And Heromine's a no-brainer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, first, I love your tease! That's the author of the Hush, Hush series, right? I liked the first book in that series, perhaps I will have to give her another go when this one comes out! Second, some great choices for characters to bring with you! I don't know if I would take Janco without Ari though, or Atticus without Oberon (what is one without the other, in both cases!) lol but both are FANTASTIC series, I'm such a fan! Anyway, happy reading!! My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tease Jessica, didn't know that Becca Fitzpatrick had a new book!
    Loved the top 10, had a little giggle while reading them!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser, Jessica!! I've been really wanting to read Black Ice for a while now. I really hope your enjoying it.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks. I also had Four on my list, mainly for eye candy reasons but he would be useful in that situation too. I had to go for Harry, Ron & Hermione - I just couldn't have one without the other!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hermione is full of brains and I love that about her. She knows everything and you've made a wise choice by picking her. Except Daemon (of whom I'm not a fan), I don't know any of yout other picks. Oh well, I hope you enjoy with them all anyway. Awesome list!

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my post earlier. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, who am I kidding? I have met Four and he'll be an interesting person to spend time with.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that's the exact moment I'd panic, Jessica! ;)

    Oh yes! Clay and Daemon!! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice teaser- sounds like a fun book. And the TTT- I don't know most of those but a desert island would definetly be interesting with them around, sounds like. I especially like the poison taster one- great idea for dealing with all the poisonous crap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm with you on Atticus definitely. Clay would be the ultimate wild card but at least things would never get dull :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hermione and Daemon are must haves on a deserted island! And OMG Black Ice! I need to start that one soon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!