Jul 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

A year ago Hurricane Josephine swept through Savannah, Georgia, leaving behind nothing but death and destruction — and taking the life of Dovey's best friend, Carly. Since that night, Dovey has been in a medicated haze, numb to everything around her.

But recently she's started to believe she's seeing things that can't be real ... including Carly at their favorite cafe. Determined to learn the truth, Dovey stops taking her pills. And the world that opens up to her is unlike anything she could have imagined.

As Dovey slips deeper into the shadowy corners of Savannah — where the dark and horrifying secrets lurk — she learns that the storm that destroyed her city and stole her friend was much more than a force of nature. And now the sinister beings truly responsible are out to finish what they started.

Dovey's running out of time and torn between two paths. Will she trust her childhood friend Baker, who can't see the threatening darkness but promises to never give up on Dovey and Carly? Or will she plot with the sexy stranger, Isaac, who offers all the answers — for a price? Soon Dovey realizes that the danger closing in has little to do with Carly ... and everything to do with Dovey herself.


I actually already read this one, but I still cannot wait to get my hands on a finished copy! The cover is decidedly creepy, but that's what makes me love it even more!


TITLE: Servants of the Storm
AUTHOR: Delilah S. Dawson
PUBLISHER: Simon Pulse
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: August 5, 2014



33 comments:

  1. That is one trippy cover! Nice pick this week, I'll probably have to keep my eye out for this one.

    We've moved! Check out my WoW at our new home

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes gimme gimme. I like the sound of this one and would really like to find out who caused the storm and their intentions behind everything. Dovey seems like an interesting character too. Great pick :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh! I have to read this too, so the fact that you liked it enough to want a physical copy is VERY encouraging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I can't wait for this one!! And I absolutely LOVE that cover!!!

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cover and sounds good, hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one does sound very interesting and that cover is something else! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard good things about this one. The cover is very interesting indeed.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one creepy cover! I already have goosebumps just by looking at it. Is the story as creepy as the cover? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to check this book out :) The fact that you want it still after you've read it speaks for itself. Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW this one looks and sounds creepy! I hope she is not seeing a ghost.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great, and that is one creepy cover - simple, but effective.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished reading this one yesterday and I'm just very confused by it. It was such a weird read and I'm not sure what to make of that ending. Do you know if it's a series?
    The cover is gorgeous though! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cover! It's so creepy that I need to read it now!

    Kristen @ Pretty Little Pages

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cover always freaks me out. Glad to see you enjoyed this one. I may have to give it a try.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is it as good as it sounds? cause it sounds pretty good!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a creepy cover! And it sounds good! Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was my WoW last week! I cannot wait!!! Thanks for visiting Conerfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That cover creeps me out! I haven't heard much about this one yet...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad that you enjoyed it enough to want a finished copy! I have my review scheduled soon.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cover & it sounds really interesting as well! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed this one.

    Happy reading Jessica! :-) Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  21. This one is new to me, but WOW!! The cover, the synopsis... I definitely need this one!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by YA Book Addict. Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never heard of this one before. Totally creepy cover! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh this sounds intriguing! I might have to add to my TBR list.
    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, yes, yes! I've been lusting after this one for a while now! Wonderful choice this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, that cover is creeping me out (but in a good way) and that synopsis is really intriguing! Nice pick and thanks for stopping by :)

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just finished this one and it was really good! The storyline and characters were very unique and it had an awesome ending!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hmm, I've seen this one around before, but never really paid attention to it. Creeptastic cover. Great choice, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I usually don't read creepy horror story type books, but this one has an appeal to it. Though the cover is way to creepy for my taste. Hopefully it is hardcover so I can take off the slip cover while I read it! Thanks for sharing and making me want to read outside my comfort zone!


    Amber @ Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've seen this one around a lot lately and I'm curious to check it out!! I hope you enjoy it, Jessica! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is actually the first I am hearing of this book and it sounds great. Definitely gotta check this one out.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh wow, this sounds like an interesting one! Thanks for sharing it girl!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's a creepy read, yay. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sounds so good, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!