Nov 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


In GATHERING DARKNESS, book three of the New York Times bestselling Falling Kingdoms series, the stakes have never been higher as three teams push forward on a race to find the Kindred, the four elemental crystals possessing ancient all-powerful magic, first:

Prince Magnus has just witnessed torture, death, and miracles during the bloody confrontation that decimated the rebel forces. Now he must choose between family and justice as his father, the cruel King Gaius, sets out to conquer all of Mytica. All Gaius needs now are the Kindred - the four elemental crystals that give godlike powers to their owner. But the King of Blood is not the only one hunting for this ancient, storied magic...

• THE KRAESHIANS join the hunt. Ashur and Amara, the royal siblings from the wealthy kingdom across the Silver Sea, charm and manipulate their way to the Kindred, proving to be more ruthless than perhaps even the King of Blood himself.

• THE REBELS forge ahead. Princess Cleo and vengeful Jonas lead them, slaying with sweetness, skill, and a secret that can control Lucia's overpowering magic - all so they can use the Kindred to win back their fallen kingdoms.

• THE WATCHERS follow Melenia out of the Sanctuary. They ally in the flesh with King Gaius, who vows to use Lucia's powers to unveil the Kindred.

The only certainty in the dark times is that whoever finds the magic first will control the fate of Mytica... but fate can be fickle when magic is involved.
 
 


I soooooo can't wait to read this one! Since Edelweiss rejected me for this one I was left to wait the entire year practically to read it! Love this series!


TITLE: Gathering Darkness
AUTHOR: Morgan Rhodes
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: December 9, 2014





28 comments:

  1. This is one of the books, series actually, that's on my wishlist. I can't wait to read it.
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just seen this one on another blog, but not sure its one I would enjoy. Its great that you love the series though . . do you want me to send Edelweiss a complaint??!!! LOL!
    Hope you're well.
    Kirsty xx
    http://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/waiting-on-wednesday-spring-knight/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when I get rejected for a book that I really want. It will be out in a few weeks. This series is amazing. So I totally understand your waiting for it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't even started this series yet (well, I haven't started a lot of series' yet, haha. So need to catch up on loads!) :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I've obviously never read anything in this series, but it sounds really interesting. I feel like I'm always out of the loop when you post something. Haha! Thanks for the new suggestion :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is new to me but it sounds good. Might have to take a dip into this series :)

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick - that's one YA series I have been tempted to give a read.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want to read this series, once all the books are published! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not read this series yet but it does sound like something that I may enjoy. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choice! I haven't read this series but it sounds really good. It's on my every expanding TBR!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, sorry about your rejection from Edelweiss. I hate when that happens! I hope you enjoy finally reading this one. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's almost here!! I have the first two books and I can't wait to start this series! I really don't think I can hold off until the 4th one's out so I'll be reading them very soon~

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have book 1 in the series but i have yet to read it. i'm planning to just collect all 3 books and then marathon read them. i feel confident enough that the series is good to do that. awesome pick! :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't started this series yet, but this one sounds really good! Sorry you weren't approved on Edelweiss though :( Hope you enjoy it when you read it though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the third book has a cover and description, yay! I'm actually behind, as I still have to read book two, but I really enjoyed book one! Great pick! It's (eventually going to be) on my list too!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhhhhh love the cover. thanks for stopping by my lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard great things about this series, I hope this one lives up to all of your expectations!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! I haven't started the series yet, but I've heard great things about it. And it sucks when we won't get approved for books we're dying to read, especially when it comes to sequels... :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. How have I not heard of this series before??? The covers are awesome. :) Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not familiar with this series. Shame you got knocked back Edelweiss. :(
    Hope the book lives up to your expectations when you finally get to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome pick! The cover definitely looks intruding and I'm up for any fantasy novel!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really need to begin this series! It sounds so good!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. The synopsis sounds interesting! :) You don't have to wait that long now to read it, I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for by my blog today :D

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't understand how I've been able to not be aware of this series until now, Jessica! Thanks for sharing, and adding more books to my TBR :D Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like your book choices for WoW, but when I see that it's a sequel or third book in the series I have to stop myself from reading the premise because I'm afraid of spoilers, hehe. I think I'll look into the first book in this series though :)

    Thanks for the new series to red.

    Old Follower

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. I need to read this series dont i?!
    <3Britt

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gahhhh I really need to get started on this series. it sounds amazing!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm really excited for this one as well, it should be really interesting to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!