Nov 11, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


In a small village in New York lives Jane Doe, a girl with no memory of who she is or where she came from. So when she is working at a diner and slowly begins to realize she can see dead people, she's more than a little taken aback. Stranger still are the people entering her life. They seem to know things about her. Things they hide with lies and half-truths. Soon, she senses something far darker. A force that wants to cause her harm, she is sure of it. Her saving grace comes in the form of a new friend she feels she can confide in and the fry cook, a devastatingly handsome man whose smile is breathtaking and touch is scalding. He stays close, and she almost feels safe with him around.

But no one can outrun their past, and the more lies that swirl around her—even from her new and trusted friends—the more disoriented she becomes, until she is confronted by a man who claims to have been sent to kill her. Sent by the darkest force in the universe. A force that absolutely will not stop until she is dead. Thankfully, she has a Rottweiler. But that doesn't help in her quest to find her identity and recover what she's lost. That will take all her courage and a touch of the power she feels flowing like electricity through her veins. She almost feels sorry for him. The devil in blue jeans. The disarming fry cook who lies with every breath he takes. She will get to the bottom of what he knows if it kills her. Or him. Either way.


I'm still two graves books behind on this series, but hoping to get caught up soon!! 

TITLE: The Dirt on the Ninth Grave
AUTHOR: Darynda Jones
PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Press
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: January 12, 2016


On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.


So very excited for this one too! Sadly, Susan and Alexandra Bracken aren't coming too close to my area. Naperville would be doable, I just don't think I can get off work that day. I don't have much vacation time for being new, and I have special trips coming up that I really need to save time off for. But if I think I can swing it, I might go. In the meantime, I have preordered signed copies with Good Choice Reading!

TITLE: Truthwitch
AUTHOR: Susan Dennard

PUBLISHER: Tor Teen
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: January 5, 2016












 

23 comments:

  1. I really want to read Thruthwitch! And I must begin the other sereis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have year to start the grave series there but I have the first one on audio! :)

    Stormi
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truthwitch! I want to read this one ^^ are the Grave Series good?

    Laura @ psilovethatbook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the Charley Davidson series books. I hope you get caught up on this series soon! Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amped for Truthwitch! Tor Teen was nice enough to give me an eARC.

    Also- I'm reading Poison Study!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard really good things about Truthwitch, I tried to snag a copy at Comic Con but the line was too long:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh! Truthwitch looks so good! You always introduce me to the most interesting new books! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two awesome picks! Hope you enjoy them when you get to read them :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to catch up on DJones's series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't get into the Darynda Jones series, but I hope you enjoy that installment! I've never heard of the other book, but I really hope you like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of the Darynda Jones books, but they sound good. I keep seeing the Truthwitch everywhere! Hope you can get them soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks, hope that you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just reviewed Truthwitch. I am quite sure that you will love it. I hope you enjoy these books when you read them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic day, Jessica. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only read the first book of the Grave books and didn't get on with it but I hope you carry on enjoying the series. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really excited about Truthwitch too. I got the excerpt from NetGalley but I've been so busy I' haven't had a chance to actually read it yet. Great picks!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of the first one, but I'm very curious about Truthwitch! Let's hope it will be good!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! I found truth witch the other day! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am very far behind in the Darynda Jones series, Jessica, but the 9th installment sounds really good! I haven't read anything by Dennard, but I hope you'll get your hands on both of these soon, and that you'll enjoy them!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first book sounds intriguing!! Will definitely be checking it out, thanks for stopping by my blog today (:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm dying for Ninth Grave!! And you're now peaking my interest with Truthwitch. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope Truthwitch can live up to its hype! It sounds so good! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the Truth Witch cover BUT I'm not a witch book girl. They never work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome picks! I am super excited for Truthwitch :D As for the Charley Davidson book, I loved the beginning of the series but the last book fell slightly flat for me; I think I'll be picking it up anyway. Thanks for stopping by!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!