Feb 9, 2016

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"'What do you mean, you did what you had to do?' He sounded angry. 'Rory, what exactly did you do?'" p 264
















TITLE: The Shadow Cabinet
AUTHOR: Maureen Johnson
PUBLISHER: Putnam Juevnille
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: February 10, 2015




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten One True Pairs!


*in no particular order


1. CAT & BONES--love these two!! Also, really dying to find out who Ethan's sweetheart is, because it's been sooo long since I've read these books, I truly have no clue!
2. KAT & DAEMON--what's not to love? Kat never took Daemon's crap and I love Daemon's snarkiness and how he really does care and all that!
3. FEYRE & TAMLIN--our newest Beauty and the Beast, and omg I LOVE this story so hard!!


4. YELENA & VALEK--love how these two are together! There's never any of that triangle or breaking up nonsense with these two!
5. MERIT & ETHAN--another couple to adore! Merit never took Ethan's crap either and I think that's what drew him to her!
6. CRESS & THORNE--my favorite couple from the Lunar Chronicles! Cress totally had that Rapunzel-new-to-the-world vibe, but I love how while it seemed like an insta-love with her and Thorne, it really took longer than that!


7. ELENA & CLAY--the first Otherworld couple and still my most favorite!
8. NYX & IGNIFEX--a beautiful Beauty and the Beast retelling! Love the slow burning romance between these two!
9. SERENA & HUNTER--the only "adult" couple from the Lux world...that we've seen at least! And I think I love them just as much as Katy and Daemon!


10. CHARLEY & REYES--looove these two! Charley is so funny and spunky and Reyes is unbelievably sexy and mysterious! So behind in this series but hoping to get caught up this year!





 

18 comments:

  1. And now I SO wanna know what Rory did!

    Great teaser, here's mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What did she do?

    I have gotta read the Jeaniene Frost series you keep talking about!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. All completely new to me!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/02/love-stories-for-people-who-gag-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh. It could be bad. Nice teaser and a new book I've not heard of:)

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/02/09/teaser-tuesdays-146-allies-and-enemies-storm-of-arranon-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I completely agree. I haven't read Poison Study or Some Girls Bite, but all of the other pairings match up with who I like. I don't understand the appeal of pairing the villain with the main female character.

    Mel @ Reviews In A Pinch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Cress and Thorne were on mine too! I can't believe that I forgot about Kat and Daemon, Feyre and Tamlin, and Serena and Hunter!

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful picks!!! Feyre and Tamlin almost made my list too, I adore them as a couple. I'm nervous for book two, as ToG proves Maas doesn't care about messing with her couples, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feylin and Cress/Thorne! (don't know their ship name)

    I ship them but they're not in my ultimate OTPs... great list though! A lot of ships I don't recognize lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow amazing OTP list!! I just found out today what OTP is haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looove Feyre and Tamlin, and Cress and Thorne!! Great picks. I remember loving Cruel Beauty and shipping it when I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe I didn't think about MEthan! Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many OTPs! I started reading First Grave and I thought it was going to go in the Garrett/Charley direction. I guess not!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cress and Thorne are adorable. I love them. Great picks for your TTT this week!

    Here's a huge coincidence; I'm currently reading The Madness Underneath, lol

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonder what Rory did? Hope it's not too bad, lol. Charley and Reyes are awesome together, as are Cat and Bones, I agree! I still need to read a lot of these. I've read Obsidian, but not the other books in the series, because I kind of hated Daemon. I hear he gets better though, so I plan to read the second book, hopefully sometime this year. And you need to catch up with Charley, some big stuff has happened! Thanks for visiting my TTT! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! We have a couple in common this week! I love Tamlin with Feyre, but I'm excited to see what happens with Rhysand too! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have to agree with you on the ones I've read!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, Rory... what did you do? An intriguing tease. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This list is awesome. Cat and Bones are the best. Love Kat and Daemon and Feyre and Tamlin too. Oh and Nyx and Ignifex are my fave! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!