Feb 17, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


The fast-paced, psychologically thrilling sequel to The Vault of Dreamers follows Rosie after her consciousness has been split in two.

The entire country was watching when Rosie Sinclair was expelled from Forge, the prestigious arts school that doubles as a reality TV show. But few know how Dean Berg was mining students' dreams in laboratories deep below the school. And no one, least of all the Dean himself, knows that when Rosie's dreams were seeded into the mind of another patient, Rosie's consciousness woke up in that body--a girl far from Forge, a girl with a completely different life from Rosie, a girl who is pregnant.

Told from alternating points of view between Rosie as she makes sense of her new identity and the shattered subconscious that still exists in her old body, this sequel to The Vault of Dreamers will keep readers on the edge of their seats and leave them hungry for more.


SO excited that this one is finally releasing! Though I remember The Vault of Dreamers was pretty complex and such. Hoping I am able to dive back into this one easily enough!

TITLE: The Rule of Mirrors
AUTHOR: Caragh O'Brien
PUBLISHER: Roaring Brook Press
GENRE: Dystopian
RELEASE DATE: February 16, 2016


With any great change, there is always strife, and the Covenant University has become the frontline between pure-bloods who want the Breed Order reinstated and the half-bloods who want the right to control their own destinies.
Fate has other plans.

The violence is escalating and war between the races seems inevitable, and it couldn’t come at a worse time. Hyperion may be out of commission, but Josie and Seth know they have only earned a reprieve. Seth must get Josie fully prepared, which means controlling her newfound abilities, and they need to find the other demigods before the Titans do.
But the gods are sensing a greater threat.

Only one thing is more dangerous than a bunch of starved Titans, and that’s an out-of-control Apollyon. The aether in Josie is drawing Seth in deeper, and when lust mixes with love and gives way to power, he knows being close to her is not only dangerous to her, but to everyone around them, but letting her go requires a level of selflessness that just isn’t Seth’s style.

The paths taken in the past are becoming the roads of the future.

Just as chaos breaks out, familiar faces from the past return, complicating the already strained bond between Josie and Seth, and when the danger from the Titans erupts with devastating consequences, the dark allure of power calls to Seth again, but this time Josie might not be able to pull him back.

And when the struggle between power and love becomes the deadliest battleground, there may be no salvation.


I hang my head in shame...I still need to read The Return! How this happened? I'm not really sure...but at this point I will just patiently (HA!) wait for my copy to arrive so that I may binge the two together!!

TITLE: The Power 
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout
PUBLISHER: Spencer Hill Press
GENRE: Paranormal NA
RELEASE DATE: February 23, 2016


As Halloween approaches, twin sisters Lark, who is alive, and Wren, a tethered spirit, find themselves drifting apart. While Lark is happy with new boyfriend Ben, Wren is still hurting over her own still-alive-and-kicking love-interest, Kevin, who may or may not have kissed another girl. Spending more time on the Other Side, and less time with her sister in the land of the living, Lark becomes close with the spirit of a young man, Noah, who was killed years ago. But Noah is not as nice as he seems, and his thirst for vengeance has a dark and sudden influence on Wren. With the veil between the worlds thinning for Halloween, the spirits are getting stronger and it will be up to Lark and her friends to stop Noah and save Wren from becoming a monster. But the only way to do that could be to kill the boy that Wren is falling in love with.




LOVED Kady's books!! Sisters of Blood and Spirit was soo awesome! I am looking forward to seeing where this series goes!!

TITLE: Sisters of Salt and Iron
AUTHOR: Kady Cross
PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: March 30, 2016 





26 comments:

  1. I think many are waiting on The Power. Me being one of the many.
    Your other two choices are new to me. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Power (ARC)! The book was amazing and I hope you'll enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rule of Mirrors seems like it is going to be great- loving that it is two points of view from the same character! The Power, yeah I want it so badly I can almost taste it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sisters of Salt and Iron looks intriguing. Great choices!

    WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Power is a very good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all your picks, but the Dystopian one sounds particularly interesting . . .

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. still need to read vault of dreamers and sisters of blood and spirit. ugh. so far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to check out the Kady Cross series. It sounds so good. Hope you love all your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hello Kady Cross, I need to pick up her new series asap

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is crazy but... I've never read anything by Jennifer L Armentrout. I just ordered the Lux series last night on the BookOutlet sale so I'm finally hopping on the bandwagon. Haven't read The Vault of Dreamers yet, but I've been wanting to. Great picks!

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't love The vault of Dreamers but I hope you enjoy book two! I also really need to read The Return! I added it to my Amazon cart a few days ago but still haven't actually hit the "buy" button! :P

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh oh oh I've read Birthmarked trilogy by Caragh! I saw some bad reviews on The Vault of Dreamers though so I didn't read it... I don't know how this one will be. Hopefully good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got some great sounding picks this week! The one I'm really interested in the the new JLA series! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait for The Power! I need some more Seth in my life ;) And Sisters of Salt and Iron sounds like a very interesting read! Lovely picks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read Sisters of blood and Spirit and adored it. I'm looking forward to the next in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sisters of Salt and Iron sounds amazing!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Rule of Mirrors sounds complicated! I haven't started that series by Jennifer Armentrout yet. The Sisters of Blood and Spirit series is new to me.

    I hope you enjoy reading all of your picks this week! Thanks for visiting My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need to get the first one in the Titan series as I love JLA's books yet this is the only on I haven't even started. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. excited for the Power as well-- hope that you get a chance to read it and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I first saw the cover for Sisters of Salt and Iron the first thing that came to my mind was: Khaleesi :D
    I'll check this book out, it does sound interesting.

    Here's my WoW: http://wp.me/p76RED-4B

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh 3 picks today? :D Sisters of Salt and Iron looks intriguing! Hope you enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I need to read the first book because the Rules of Mirrors looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've only heard of the first book, but it's a series I haven't started yet. I'd like to check it out though!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not sure about the other two but I LOVED The Rule of Mirrors. I hope you enjoy these books when you get the chance to read them, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i have to say I was not a fan of Vault of Dreamers but YES to the other two! I always forgot about Power. i need to read those book cause... SETH!!
    <3 Britt @ PleaseFeedTheBookworm.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't heard of this series by Caragh O'Brien before. I hope you get it soon! Sisters of Salt and Iron sounds like an intense read!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!