May 18, 2017

Random Thursday

Time for more enlightening and eye-opening facts from That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser!


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
"In late-1600s Puritan society, a child over 16 convicted of cursing at a parent was sentenced to death. Being a stubborn or rebellious child also earned you a death sentence."

No. Friggin. Way! That's sooo crazy!! I probably be sentenced to death by the time I was 5 because I was a stubborn one! LOL!


(image borrowed from Book Riot)
"The Puritans founded America's first college, bookstore, and newspaper."

Okay, maybe they weren't so bad (looks at the second item)! ;)


(image borrowed from Texas Beer Bus)
"The Puritans brought beer to America. According to Mourt's Relation (1622), the Mayflower pilgrims settled at Plymouth because supplies, especially beer, were running low. Beer was a dietary mainstay on long voyages because, having been boiled, it was purer than water."

They just thought of everything! Not that I drink beer! I'm weird. I know! LOL!





 

5 comments:

  1. Hm... death sentence for rebellious children - and they weren't all that nice to lippy wives, either. Even if they were book-lovers, I'm guessing exactly WHICH books and WHO got to read them were very tightly controlled. Thank goodness I live now! Thank you for sharing this, Jessica:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am way too stubborn and sassy to have survived that as well. Maybe that's one reason they say the good die young. I'm not into beer either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've been dead many times over if I were to be sentenced to death every time I was stubborn or cussed! :D I don't drink beer either, but then again I don't drink because I'm underage!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!