May 30, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"I just prayed that we'd find it before the body count rose. Something told me we weren't going to be that lucky, though. And that had far less to do with my keen intuition and much more to do with a wealth of past experience in such matters." p 75













TITLE: A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder
AUTHOR: Victoria Laurie
PUBLISHER: New American Library
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: January 7, 2016 



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for the Second Half of 2017


*in no particular order


10. WARCROSS by Marie Lu--still want to finish her Young Elites trilogy but always excited for a new read from a favorite author!
9. THERE'S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE by Stephanie Perkins--this one sounds really creepy! And I like creepy! Curious to see how Stephanie will write this one since I only know of her based on her contemporary romances!
8. THE SAVAGE DAWN by Melissa Gray--excited to see how this one ends!


7. REUNITED by Colleen Houck--another series coming to an end! Excited and sad to see it go!
6. ASHES REBORN by Keri Arthur--not sure if this is a finale or another installment but was bummed when the summer date was pushed to fall! Bummer! But always excited for a new paranormal from Keri!
5. RITUALS by Kelley Armstrong--another series finale! Looove Kelley's books and can't wait to see how this one ends too!


4. FIREBLOOD by Elly Blake--dying to read this one!!! It sucks when you read one book as an ARC and aren't guaranteed the next one as an ARC! Sigh...
3. THE BRIGHTEST EMBERS by Jeaniene Frost--yup, book 2 isn't out yet but still excited for this finale as well!
2. HUNTING PRINCE DRACULA by Kerri Maniscalco--SOOOO excited for this one!! And Dracula is next?! EEEP!!!!


1. IMMORTAL REIGN by Morgan Rhodes--DYING for this one!!! I mean if you're up to date you know how devastating that cliffhanger was! But the cover...yeah it helps, but I NEED TO READ IT!!!! NOW!!!!!




 
 

18 comments:

  1. I am pretty excited for new Marie Lu and Stephanie Perkins. Perkins I am even more eager to check out, since it seems like such a departure from her last book.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to see what Stephanie Perkins's new book is like. I love her Anna &TFK contemporary series. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like fun and I love that cover.
    Loys of nice books today. I spy a couple I want too:)

    My TT from River Of Teeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warcross, The Savage Dawn, and Fireblood all made my list too. Can't wait to dive into them! Great list :)

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunting Prince Dracula made my list but I am also excited to read Warcross and There's Someone in Your House. They both sound really good. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´m looking forward to read reviews of Stephanie Perkins book. Nice list!

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for Hunting Prince Dracula too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'm not into any of these series... but I am looking forward to a couple of fantasy reads that are coming out soon. Particularly The 13th Gate by Kat Ross and Roar by Cora Carmack.

    My TTT: http://books.thetechchef.net/top-ten-tuesday-27/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read Fireblood and I am looking forward to continuing Jeaniene Frost's series as well. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of familiar covers, I am so excited for Dracula and WarCross, I am going to try very hard at BookCon to grab Dracula but I don't have high hopes I will get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your teaser! I'm gonna have to check it out.

    And love your TTT!! Lot's of goodies I haven't heard of before. Hope you get to enjoy them when they release. Thanks for coming by my TTT today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a couple books in common today! Also, I really need to get started on the Falling Kingdoms series, I own the first 3 books, but haven't cracked them open yet. Wonderful list!


    ~ Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see so many series I need to START here, even though they're ending hah. I want Reunited solely based on the cover, tbh. Also want to read Warcross and There's Someone Inside Your House! Great picks, I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally forgot about "Rituals." I LOVE that series. Thanks for the reminder. Team Gabriel all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm definitely looking forward to Warcross. :) Great choices!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im looking forward to The Brightest Embers too! Still need to read that first book though lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!