Jul 18, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Well, this week could've been better to be all honest, but it was positively wonderful Thursday evening when I came home to that treasure! I'd love to say I finished the book, but yeah, no. I can't read that fast and I can't seem to give up sleep and still function. Lol.


Here's what I got this week:


Synchronized Sorcery by Julie Blackwell
Capture the Crown by Jennifer Estep--keeper copy! I meant to buy these two last weekend, but what with no power, a hair appointment, my nephew's birthday, my niece's baptism...I got a little busy! ALSO...super surprised B&N had this one in the YA section! It's very much an adult book...so what happened there? Lol.



Received for review...and caused happy tears followed by a victory dance:

Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber (ARC)

WITH: a black book sack
a red stuffed fox
candy hearts
a rose gold pen
a keychain
a notebook
and the pink envelope is just in there because it was SO pretty! Lol!


THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Flatiron Books!


Dark and Shallow Lies by Ginny Myers Sain (ARC)


THANK YOU Razorbill/Penguin Teen!!


Then some other fun stuff I got this week:


Sometime ago, Whimsical Illustrations was having a sale and I decided to finally buy the Caraval postcards I had been eyeing! I'm currently working on getting them into frames! Despite one saying it had a 4x6 opening, it's actually far bigger! I loved the selfie of the cast and I always like this one with Scarlett and Tella outside Caraval with shadows of Julian and Legend just ahead!



Then some ShopDisney shopping was done. I no longer have a store by me...again! It's devastating. But when I saw these adorable trinket jars I had to have them! Plus, I needed to spend $25 to get the Black Widow coin and you know my bizarre obsession with non-monetary coins! Lol!


Sally's potion jars from The Nightmare Before Christmas


I'm a dork, what can I say? I still need to see this one too! Might have to wait until it's no longer $30 on Disney+. There needs to be a single's rate to see these new movies on the subscription service. For a family of 4 or 3, $30 is a great deal! For a party of 1, it sucks. They need to have it "rentable" on Disney+ for us single users of the service.



And that was it for me this week. Honestly, Once Upon a Broken Heart pretty much made my week and made up for all the bad stuff that happened early on. What all did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!