Jul 4, 2021

Stacking the Shelves--2 Week Haul

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Time for a two week wrap-up! Basically nothing of note happened. No interviews. Almost had a phone interview of some sort but when I called back and left a message after missing their call, no one ever returned my call. This was on Tuesday of this week and nothing happened all week. I was pretty bummed. I had hoped they'd call me back on Friday but no dice. I had a nice weekend vacation last week! While the weather was cloudy and periodically rainy, it was still cooler than our temps here and I still had a great time! I always do! Though I came back with a full on head cold, which is finally starting to break, but taking its time doing so. This was a short week before the holiday so it was pretty tolerable. Though next week will begin the wretched normalness again. Hoping that maybe that company might call me back again. Sigh...

It was a pretty good two weeks of books though! Here's what I got:

 


 Cold Hearted by Serena Valentino
That Weekend by Kara Thomas
The Dead Girls Club by Damien Angelica Walters
Hex on the Beach by Kelley Armstrong, Jeaniene Frost, & Melissa Marr--SIGNED!
 
 
For review from the publisher I received:
 

Echoes and Empires by Morgan Rhodes (ARC)


THANK YOU PENGUIN TEEN!!



Then I got my preorder gift for Grace and Glory! The mailman bent the envelope naturally and the poster continues to be stubborn and not flatten after days under a lot of hardcovers. Sigh...


THANK YOU Inkyard Press!



 
 

Then while on vacation we hit some independent shops in the cute historic district and I found this box at a consignment shop! It was even an extra 10% off having been there fore more than 30 days! It called to me you guys:




What booklover doesn't love the fake stack of books that's really a hidden box?!

I mean, it's not exactly the type you'd hide on the bookshelf to hide treasures in plain sight...any booknerd will spot the fakes right away. But it still makes for nice decor! Plus the whole idea of putting a fake book on the bookshelf taking up room that a real book could have just doesn't make sense to me! Lol!



Then there was this weird take-a-survey-get-a-gift-card thing that I didn't think too much of but thought what the heck. Well, it was legit and I got myself a B&N gift card afterwards!



And then I won an Amazon gift card from Holly @ Words Fueled by Love for the monthly wrap-up of the 2021 Series Enders Reading Challenge!



THANK YOU Holly!



And that was my two week haul! Not too bad if I do say so myself! What did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!