Jul 15, 2021

Random Thursday

 

Today we dive into a new chapter of Shane Carley's True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t! Today we'll begin the Pop Culture factoids. Let's see what we'll learn today!


(image borrowed from Star Wars)

Please don't hate me for this, but apparently in Star Wars, Darth Vadar never actually says, "Luke, I am your father." There are other famous quotes that are never actually said in the same way in the movie that they get quoted by. Such as "play it again, Sam" from Casablanca and "mirror, mirror, on the wall," from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. That one the Evil Queen says, "magic mirror."


This is so weird! I mean, I kind of remember the Snow White one...though I believe in the fairy tale it might be said in this way...though I'd have to double check. All the various retellings are muddling with my memory!



(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Did you know that Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous role in Terminator almost went to O.J. Simpson?


Whoa.



(image borrowed from History)

Did you know the famous video game and movie location, Silent Hill is based on the town of Centralia, Pennsylvania? Centralia is located over an abandoned mine where a coal fire has been raging for decades.


Haven't heard of that one!



(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Apparently, "Ewok" is never uttered in The Return of the Jedi. Yet, that's what we ended up calling these fuzzy dudes.


Okay, so I did see THIS one as a kid because of these fuzzy guys, but I have zero memories of it other than we had a dog with an Ewok face! Lol.



(image borrowed from Biography)

Did you know that Sean Connery was only 12 years older than Harrison Ford? Makes you look at Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade totally different now, doesn't it?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!