Dec 17, 2010

Book Blogger Hop


This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):  "What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

That is a tough question! But like Jen said, first it's the plot on the BOC that grabs me. If that sounds interesting enough that is what motivates me to read the book in the first place. But the book can fall flat if the characters aren't great. So I would say the plot comes first, but then the characters are an up close and personal second! Because both are necessary to make a GREAT read!

11 comments:

  1. Hopping by to say Hi! I also choose plot, but went back and forth about seventeen times. By the end of the hop I might change my mind again…

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica! Thanks for stopping by for today's #FF and checking out my new blog design. Have you read my featured blogger post yet at Parajunkee's View? I'm loving your new look too! :) Happy weekend!

    Carmel
    Rabid Reads / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to read everyone's answers to this question! I agree the plot is usually the thing that gets me to pick a book up, but it's the characters that keep me there for the most part. But, greedy person that I am, I want both to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! A good story keeps me interested. I'm already a follower, just hopping by! My hop is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hope you have a Wonderful Holiday. I am so on the fence been going back and forth. but end up deciding for now both are important to a book.

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Definitely agree with your answer :-)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that it is def the plot that reels me in, but the characters that make me fall in love with the story overall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOpping by to return the visit! That's true for me, too--plot gets me to buy it, but characteers keep me reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This might be the best Book Blogger Hop question I've seen to date.

    So what's the answer? Plot! Hop over to my blog and let me tell you how a good plot rescued bad characters from bad book oblivion.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping by from the blog hop.

    Lots of good answers to this week's tough question.

    Stop by my blog to see my answer to this week's question.

    Also check out a design site I found...pretty neat home decorating ideas...it is in the right side panel on my blog.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!