Jul 14, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'Take it back. I don't want it. Take all of it back,' I yell to the heavens. 'I want no part of this.'" p 98
















TITLE: The Damned
AUTHOR: Renee Ahdieh
PUBLISHER: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: July 7, 2020







Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books That Make Me Smile



*in no particular order



10. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco--this one had me laughing with Cresswell's antics! Audrey Rose presented a challenge though and she didn't swoon easily!
9. DEAD WITCH WALKING by Kim Harrison--Jenks was a riot! I wasn't expecting that when starting this series oh so long ago, but I loved that dude from the get go!
8. SHADES OF WICKED by Jeaniene Frost--waited eons for this book and I loved it! Cannot wait to see how it wraps up next year!



7. 13 TO LIFE by Shannon Delany--it all started with a cover...I was obsessed with this cover back in 2010 and still love it! The book itself brought on so much love for me too!
6. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--it's hard to say how or why this one makes me smile. Perhaps just because it was one of those first modern magic/witchy books I read.
5. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--I mean...we all remember our first loves...I read this one at least a dozen times as a young teen!



4. CRAVE by Tracy Wolff--a new vampire series for me to obsess over! The vampires live again!!!
3. THE IRON QUEEN by Julie Kagawa--oddly, what makes me smile with this one is I met Julie Kagawa shortly after its release when she was at a multi-author stop. I had talked my mom into a road trip to meet Maria V. Snyder again, along with there being TWO other authors in attendance that I read, Julie among them! I was wearing my Maria shirt with her famous quote on it, and Julie liked it so much, she wrote in this book "To Jessica and her awesome shirt!"
2. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I mean obviously! So many reasons to smile about this one!


1. LEGENDARY by Stephanie Garber--surprised? Lol. I was going to pick Caraval for first book reasons and that being where my obsession began...but Legendary made me laugh more which in turn was smiling more too, because Tella was a riot! I love this girl, I can so relate to her! I just need my own Legend...or possibly Jacks...but more so Legend!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!