Jul 28, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'I kind of admire it, though. The way writers get to create worlds and people. The way they can manipulate reality. It must be like playing God.'" Kindle loc. 30% (an estimate as I forgot to mark it!)*


"Some things are easier to say in the dark. Sometimes, darkness can make you brave." Kindle loc. 53%*


*Quotes come from the eARC, therefore they and their locations are not final.





TITLE: You Were Never Here
AUTHOR: Kathleen Peacock
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: YA Thriller
RELEASE DATE: October 20, 2020



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: FREEBIE: Top Ten Favorite Books Set In NOLA!



*in no particular order
**after reading a few books that were back-to-back set in NOLA, I realized how many of my favorite novels were set in this city! 



 10. BLACK DUST MAMBO by Adrian Phoenix--kicking it old school with this one! It's been 10+ years since I last read it, WOW, so I've fuzzy memories on it but I know it was set in the bayous!
9. DARKNESS BECOMES HER by Kelly Keaton--since I just finished this series not too long ago, I vividly recall all the NOLA settings. Particularly Cafe du Monde!
8. DEFINITELY DEAD by Charlaine Harris--this predates my blog! It was the first time Sookie went to NOLA if I recall. I believe other times had mentioning of it, but this one actually mentions her going and I knew she went at some point!



7. ARISE by Tara Hudson--how I miss Tara's books! This was a fun series and I was happy when this ghostly character took a trip to NOLA!
6. HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN by Kristen Painter--another one I only have vague memories of since it was several hundred books ago! I think it was related to her first House of Comarre series so it was in NOLA for the most part!
5. THE VEIL by Chloe Neill--though this isn't really a NOLA you'd want to visit with the brewing war going on!
 
 
 
 
4. THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--I had vague recollections of Cat and Bones visiting NOLA! Though they had their hands full with apocalyptic-like happenings so there wasn't time for sightseeing.
3. THE BEAUTIFUL by Renee Ahdieh--I mean duh!
2. WICKED by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I really enjoyed this series being in NOLA!



1. FLIGHT by Alyssa Rose Ivy--one of my all time favorite NA series! And the world series spends a lot of time in NOLA too! So many of the other series at least started here before taking them elsewhere!




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!