Jul 21, 2020

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'There wasn't a girl last year, though. There was supposed to be. But your father went in your place.'" Kindle loc. 36%*


*Quote comes from the eARC therefore it and its location are not final.












TITLE: The Ghost Tree
AUTHOR: Christina Henry
PUBLISHER: Berkley Books
GENRE: Horror
RELEASE DATE: September 8, 2020






Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Book Events/Festivals I’d Love to Go to Someday (Real or Fictional. Submitted by Nandini @ Unputdownable Books)



*in no particular order
**this feels even sadder since most festivals have been canceled this year. I'm doubtful about my usual Fall ones I try to attend. I feel like this is ironic twist of fate that THIS is the topic this week! Lol!


ALA

10. YALLWEST--it's in CA, so it's very unlikely I'll ever go. I think I estimated that I would need roughly a month's vacation in the state of CA to do everything I want to do! Lol.
9. NYC BEA--another one that will likely never happen. Flying to any coast from the Midwest is SUPER expensive. That's why I wish BEA could go back to being in Chicago. Give the Midwest SOMETHING for crying out loud!
8. ALA--this one moves around from what I've heard. I always thought you had to be a librarian to go, but apparently Bloggers go too!


7. SAN DIEGO COMIC CON--yeah, there's celebrities, but there's lots of authors too!
6. LA FESTIVAL OF BOOKS--I'd like to go to where the authors go...which is apparently the coasts!
5. TEXAS TEEN BOOK FESTIVAL--this one always looks like fun! I'd like to go to this one some day!



NOVA TEEN BOOK FESTIVAL

4. NORTH TEXAS TEEN BOOK FESTIVAL--Texas gets a lot of fun festivals apparently! I'd like to go to one of them one day!
3. SOKY BOOK FEST--I almost went to this one once, but I forgot what prevented me from going. It's in driving distance, so maybe one day I'll go!
2. NOVA TEEN BOOK FESTIVAL--this one always looks like fun too! I'd like to go one day!



1. APOLLYCON--I will go to this one day! I was hoping for 2021 when it was supposed to move to another city, but then said nope, still DC, but then they canceled it again for need of a break and possibly the unknown with COVID as that's why it was canceled this year. Not that I was going this year, but I did order a VERY expensive signed book that was sent to me unsigned, so that was a little upsetting, but understandable. I just wish I could've canceled said order due to circumstances. But oh well. Still haven't decided what to do with that book. It's been sitting in my room, hasn't even been added to my inventory. I was kinda bummed that the little Origin Event didn't take off like it was initially planned. That was supposed to be the traveling one while this one remained in DC.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!