Dec 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

Now that I finished up the releases I'm waiting for for the rest of the year, I'll move into 2011, which so far has a LOT of GREAT reads!!! I so can't wait to devour them all!

First up I have Tempest's Legacy by Nicole Peeler, the third book in her Jane True series that I became fastly addicted to! And I'm really liking the covers too! I was a little thrown off at first, but after reading the first book, I realized how perfect the covers are for the series. Yes, I still like seeing the kick-ass heroine in dark colors and all that, but these covers are different, it makes a nice change every once in awhile, like Victoria Laurie's covers.


After a peaceful hiatus at home in Rockabill, Jane True thinks that her worst problem is that she still throws like a girl – at least while throwing fireballs. Her peace of mind ends, however, when Anyan arrives one night with terrible news . . . news that will rock Jane’s world to its very core.

After demanding to help investigate a series of gruesome attacks on females — supernatural, halfling, and human — Jane quickly finds herself forced to confront her darkest nightmares as well as her deepest desires.

And she’s not sure which she finds more frightening.

TITLE: Tempest's Legacy
AUTHOR:
Nicole Peeler
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
January 3, 2011

4 comments:

  1. I love this series too! I totally agree about the covers. They didn't grab my attention at first because they are not like others in the genre but now I think they are great because they are different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get past the covers myself, they are to my mind as unappealing as the ones on Charlaine Harris's books but the story line sounds great so maybe someday will give Peeler a try and probably love every adventure of Jane True when I do!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW today Jessica and hope you get your hands on the book come January if not sooner!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jackie... I cannot get over the covers. It looks way too Christmasy/ cheesy for me... But I will check them out at the library (and hopefully change the opinion)...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. book 1 didnt blow me away and I still need to read book 2 in this series... I do like the cover though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!