Jul 22, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

MY ANSWER: I guess I wish I could get into the dystopian theme that's going around. I try to, but there doesn't tend to be a whole lot of paranormal in them. I'm a paranormal girl. There's gotta be some sort of supernatural going on for me to be interested--magic counts as paranormal too, in my book. I was actually surprised when my older sister started reading more of the dystopian books. Never thought she would read that! I have given some a try, I just didn't enjoy them.

This is a weekly blog meme created by Parajunkee's View.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com/
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?

MY ANSWER: Is it bad that I'm having a hard time answering this one, since I've actually done it already? ;) I've chatted with a few authors in my time, as in an actual sit down/hang out and chat kind of talk! The best was at RT 10, loved that trip and going to go to RT 12 in Chicago in hopes of talking to more authors like that!

But to answer the question I would love to chat with Karen Marie Moning, Kalayna Price, and Erin Kellison. Really I wouldn't pass up a chance to talk to any of my fave authors. But I haven't met these three [yet ;) ] and I would love to talk to them about writing and whatever else we feel like!

28 comments:

  1. Lucky for some :D

    I'm an old follower

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that KMM is one of your picks. did you read her latest from Barons pov...HOT is an understatement.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I have only found a few dystopians I've actually picked up. I have a hard time opening those books. My answers are up at Coffee Table Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. old follower. :)

    I haven't read any dystopian, yet. Though, I have some on my TBR. I am pretty much all paranormal, as well - including magic :)

    Lucky you, getting to meet authors. I haven't had the chance yet. :) Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that dystopian does not usually have a lot of paranormal in it. Have you tried Hunger Games? I wasn't a big fan of dystopian until I tried that book. I loved it!

    Shanan
    http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish that I could get invested in murder mysteries, but I just can't. I've even tried a few with a paranormal twist, and they still don't work for me.

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, dystopian's big right now, but us paranormal girls will never lose sight of what's /really/ important, which is the incredibly cool stuff that can happen in a supernatural world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, I'm hopping through and following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday, Jess,,,Karen Marie Moning,,is awsome,,,I have her Highlander Series,,Im gonna start after I get thru with Gena Showalters LOFU..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by. I just finished the second book in Erin Kellison's Shadow series. Just in time for book 3! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all kinds of fantasy, including dystopian :)

    Visit my hop here at e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI,
    thnx you so much for stopping by my blog today!
    Hopping back to wish you a wonderfull weekend!
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from the hop - I'm an old follower. I enjoy dystopian, but there are just so many books on the market now.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    See my answers at Portrait of a Book

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always hard to pick just three of something haha. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a wonderful weekend!

    Bookgirl @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so awesome that you've got to meet your fave authors! Especially Kelley Armstrong! I'd love to meet her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There must be some dystopian with paranormal aspects out there! How about Carrie Ryan? I can't think of any others right now, lol. Sorry, I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopping through. I'd love to meet Karen Morning. I love the Fever books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome choices!

    Thanks for hopping by my blog. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, I absolutely love Dystopian novels, I think it's the world building and the memorable character's from the dystopian's that I've read lately that just stick with me. Plus, it gives me a bit of a break between all the paranormal too! :)

    Happy Friday Hops, have a grrreat weekend!
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Friday Hops (+) Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, new follower here! I love Kalayna! Grave Dance is waiting on my bookshelf, juding me for waiting so long to pick it up?! But, ack, so many books!!

    Stop by to check out my author picks: http://andinovelista.blogspot.com/2011/07/feature-follow_21.html#comments

    ~andi

    ReplyDelete
  21. It took me a while to get into the dystopian theme, too. I've read some books that I REALLY liked in the genre, but I'm a huge fantasy fan, so I will always gravitate towards fantasy before anything else. Sometimes other genres just can't hook me the way fantasy can! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog! KMM would be awesome to sit down and chat with. I have to admit I haven't read any dystopian novels and don't really know anything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read many but I'm loving the dystopia genre right now. I haven't read much paranormal. I don't know if I would prefer it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Since last week's pie chart about where I get my books was so popular, I thought I'd share what types of books I do read. Please stop by to see which genres I don't typically read.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read anything by these authors, but Karen Marie Moning is definitely on my "to read" list. New follower hopping through! Have a good weekend! :)

    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi (New Follower) I think Karen Marie Moning is a great choice, she's not afraid to leave things unsaid/unexplained so I'd have lots of questions!

    Lisa@Cold Moon Violet My FF

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey, thanks for stopping by! I was almost afraid of putting JK Rowling on there because I knew she would be on so many others. LOL You have nothing to regret though, you have some great choices. Old follower.

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!