Jul 24, 2011

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly blog post hosted by Kirsti over at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Well I did go to Borders this weekend since they're closing forever and I wanted to be able to get a few more books before that happens. And sure enough the whole parking lot was filled! Made me so freaking mad that now that they're closing people decide to shop there. And the sale prices weren't stellar. It started at 10% for books and whatnot. Magazines were the only 40% that I saw. Soooo irritating!! Was super p-oed that these people were shopping there all of a sudden. Borders gave great discounts prior to their closing sale. Heck, better ones!

Okay, enough ranting. Sorry! Had to get that out!

Anyways here's what I got this week. I went to Amazon first and bought a few ebooks I've had my eye on since I thought this was going to be a bad week for book getting, anyway I bought:

Fate by Amanda Hocking
Flutter by Amanda Hocking
Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
Virtue by Amanda Hocking
Violet Tendencies by Jaye Wells
Happily Never After by Jeaniene Frost

I got all these for around $16 on my Kindle!

Then I was actually at Marshalls browsing their book selection and came across some steals!

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Night World Omnibus #3 by L. J. Smith

Hex Hall was on clearance for $4 and the Night World Omnibus which has 3 of the Night World books was marked down to $2!!

So after I bought those I had to hurry down to Borders and buy these:

Dark Visions Omnibus by L.J. Smith

Since my Rewards Plus membership is still good I got an extra 10% and Dark Visions was clearanced at $3.99 I ended up paying about $20 for 3 compilations containing 3 books each, that's like $20 for 9 books!!

Then in the mail I got my SIGNED copy of The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter from Christy@The Reader Bee:


Thanks again, Christy!

Then in the mail came a SIGNED copy of Burn the Night by Jocelynn Drake from Jocelynn!



Thanks so much, Jocelynn!!


And that was my mailbox for the week! What did you get?

21 comments:

  1. Oh my, you got a lot of books. The Night World books are huge. I haven't started the first yet, but those 3 books in one make me scared to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT post!! You got a lot of great stuff!! I want to read that Jeaneine Frost story now.. :o) And those Amanda Hocking covers are gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!! Awesome book finds this week!!! I love when that happens. :D I hope you love The Goddess Test. It's one of my favorites this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the Hex Hall series! So good! Glad you received The Goddess Test! Isn't it pretty? :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Amanda Hocking covers are beautiful! Definitely makes me want to read the books! Cool signed books too! Hope you enjoy them

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I hope you have a fun time at the signing with Maggie this week. She is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dark visions are great! and I love the cover on the first three book in this post! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox! I just got Happily Never After because for some reason I don't have the Weddings from Hell anthology.

    I feel your pain about Borders closing even though I have never been to one. I felt that way when Waldenbooks closed. Of course, I am partially to blame as I do 99% of my book buying at Amazon.

    My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is a big mailbox! I also went to Borders…it was so sad to see it all go away. Congrats on the signed books! I LOVE Hex Hall! It was one of my favorite reads of 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've witnessed two Borders close, the one right down the street a couple months ago and now the only one left in the area. Both times, it made me so mad to find the parking lot/store packed. I wanted to run around the store yelling that they wouldn't be closing if any of these people had come in to shop at any point during the last year. But enough ranting...

    Great finds this week! I always love finding bargains. And yay for signed books! You can never have enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! What a great week! I had the Night World Omnibuses 2 and 3 but wasn't all excited to read them so I decided to donate them.
    Yay for signed books!
    And I know what you mean about Borders. They had good deals before and I'm afraid to go cause I'll be angry that the closing sale is worse then regular sales! (And I'm on a book buying ban...) But I'm sure I'll go soon as a sort of fair well. Hopefully they'll just keep having better deals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great mailbox! I also won a signed copy from Jocelynn Drake, still waiting to receive it in the mail ^^
    I really need to get that short story from Jeaniene Frost!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great mailbox! I've heard good things about Goddess Test and Hex Hall - hope you enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh your mailbox is RIDICULOUS this week! Wow. I'm super jealous.

    I especially love the covers for all the Amanda Hocking books, they are absolutely gorgeous.

    Enjoy your books!
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  14. mini rant with you:

    I know! (about Border's shutting down) I LOVED Border's so much better than many of their competitors because of the beautiful store layout and wide selection and awesome discounts. I'm so sad about it. I don't want them to go :(

    About your IMM:

    Freaking awesome mailbox! I'm insanely jealous!

    ♥ Trish
    Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good snatches on the steals! This is my favorite kind of book-buying. LOL I got the Hocking series for my Nook for about the same price. I can't wait to get around to them, I've heard some really good things about them.

    Happy reading, friend.

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! amazing haul. You are going to be one busy reader. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You gotta love signed books. :)

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just LOVED The Goddess Test! I hope you do, too! Enjoy all your new books, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for signed books!

    I really like Amanda hocking, too! I haven't read any of the ones you bought this week. They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great haul this week! I really loved that Kindle books sale. That's where I got a lot of mine from this week! Just bought the Parasol Protectorate series on Kindle because books 1-3 were bundled for only $9.99!!! And books 1-4 of the Cassie Palmer series was bundled for less than $8. I already have them in paperback though so I didn't need them. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning.

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/musings-on-monday-in-my-mailbox_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aweseom past week you had! love the cover to "Burn The Night" and the way the author signed it for you. :)

    And that "Happily Never After" by Jeaniene Frost, I love the cover, only because it reminds me of that one Lynsay Sands cover to her Argeneau / Rogue Hunter series. :} And the title is cute.

    Anyways hope you enjoy them all. My IMM for the past week will be up today sometime, got too busy to post it Sunday or Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!