Jul 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

                      I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.



The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure-bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:

Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.

Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

I sooooo can't wait for this one! It sounds totally amazing! Bummed the release date was pushed back! Still have the prequel to read on my Kindle that I might save for closer to this release!

TITLE: Half-Blood
AUTHOR: Jennifer Armentrout
GENRE:
YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE:
October 18, 2011

23 comments:

  1. Cool! I picked this for my WoW post a few weeks ago too, I'm sooo excited about it! It sounds amazing and I've heard so many good things about it from fellow bloggers who read the ARC! I'll read the prequel closer to the release date of Half-Blood as well, otherwise the waiting for the book will be even more unbearable! I can't wait to meet Aiden, he seems so swoon-worthy!

    Great choice!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I had not heard of this before but it sounds great!

    My WoW pick for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica! Thanks for the heads up about Vanish being available via NetGalley. I totally missed it somehow! So I've requested it now. Thanks for stopping by!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have several of Armentrout's adult books on my shelf to read. This one sounds really good too!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-darkest-surrender.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read a lot of YA, but this sounds really interesting . . .

    I missed last week (I've been on vacation), so I went with a Double WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! :)

    I really want to read that one too :D

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this one more than anything. I read Daimon two days ago and I was amazed. But it also made me want this one more. You should definitely wait and read the prequel because it was just great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read this one, though I had a few problems with it, I think you'll really like it =DDDD

    Check out my WOW: Here
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sound good. Seems a lot of books have been getting pushed back as of late.

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was introduced to Jennifer Armintrout's books several years ago. I read her entire Blood Ties series and the first book of the Lightworld/Darkworld trilogy. I really need to finish those and check out her new series. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for this one! Great pick!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I can't wait to read this one!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this book all over today. It sounds good! Great pick.

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-unbecoming-of-mara.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pick! I love the cover too.
    mine is at http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this one! Can't wait to read it! Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. This sounds awesome, I'm going to need to get my hands on it once it comes out. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like an interesting choice, I'll have to add it to my to read list! Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cover,,and it sounds like it will be a good read,,
    happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty cover, and it sounds really good! Great pick :)

    WoW--Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am really looking forward to reading this as well! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh I have this one. I'm definitely looking forward to reading it! :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haven't heard of this one! I'll have to check it out, thanks for sharing Jessica! :)

    Also thanks for stopping my my WoW as well!

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hmmmm..I hadn't heard of this till now! Thanks for sharing!

    Btw, I wish I could find deals like $4 books. LOL I never seem to be that lucky!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!