Mar 3, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


You won't believe how many times I changed my teaser! I had something funny, then I had something heart-racing--though I had to admit a spoiler from it, but then I read this one and it had me chuckling once again!

"'So I've been told. Now, put your clothes on, and eat some bacon like a good girl.'

'Yes, master,' I grumbled, but I was smiling.

And so was he."*


*Quote comes from ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.










TITLE: Cold Burn of Magic
AUTHOR: Jennifer Estep

PUBLISHER: K-Teen
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: April 28, 2015




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years


*in no particular order


Crud...this will be harder than I thought! It's going to be more like 10 books that I would classify as my fave of all time, but more so for its place in the series...or something! EERGGH! This is too hard! Basically, these 10 are ones that I LOOOOOOVED!




1. DIRE by Alyssa Rose Ivy--went gaga over this one! Looooooved it!! It's one of those books you just love so hard, but stutter at explaining why! Because there are SO many reasons!
2. WICKED by Jennifer L. Armentrout--a JLA book is always bound to make the list because this woman is INCREDIBLE! I bow to her in all the realms of writing but she just has that knack! And I adored this one!! The world and characters were amazing as always!
3. GATHERING DARKNESS by Morgan Rhodes--a series that truly gets better as we go along and oh wow, this one blew me away! Can we please have Frozen Tides now?! Is it December? Seriously, let's just skip 2015! LOL!


4. SHADOW STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--Yelena is back! And so is the gang!! LOOOOOVED seeing them again! It's been too long since Yelena and crew were the main characters! I enjoyed Opal and Avry, but I'm glad we have another trilogy with Yelena!
5. DEAD OF WINTER by Kresley Cole--the series that drives me insane, but in the oh so delightful way! It's so wonderfully written! I love the characters! The setting is SO intense, the drama, the action, the romance!! EEP! Girlish squeals induced!
6. KISS OF DECEPTION by Mary E. Pearson--the book I almost didn't read, because we all say that love triangle right in the description, but then reviews came in and then I read it and OMG! OMG!! I looooooved this one!! Dying for the next book too!


7. OBSESSION by Jennifer L. Armentrout--YES! I loooooved this one!! Taking place in the Lux world but told through adults! And the "enemy" so to speak! SQUEE!! 
8. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--yup, read this series somewhere in the past 3 years too! And OMG what the freak took me so long?! I loved it!! So so so loved it! Hell yes to the book blogging heroine!!!
9. DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige--LOVED this one!! I was never a die hard Oz fan, but I liked it. I positively loved this re-imagined world of Oz! It is just so intriguing and fresh!


10. MORTAL DANGER by Ann Aguirre--this was an intense read! And I loved it! There were some pretty real life moments in this one and Edie was a character who amazed me with her strength! There were times when she definitely took the high road, I don't think I could've been that strong. Though she did get her revenge in baby steps in the beginning, but naturally the ending took a whole new spin to things and I am dying for the next one...as usual!







25 comments:

  1. Yayy great picks!! I so need to read Dire, Wicked and Shadow Study!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three JLA books would be on my list. I didn't really like Dire though- thought I would but nope. Can't wait to read Jennifer Estep's new series.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiss of deception is on quite a few lists today. I see a couple I have raelly enjoyed too. great picks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I'm excited to read this book. And I love your list of all time fave in the last 3 years!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the teaser. I have good things about this author. I think I need to check her out. Thanks for sharing. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-6.html?zx=51025612206bab48

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! Not read any of your favorite books. :(

    Stormi
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the teaser. I couldn't help but smile.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I´ve read and loved Obsidian....Love Daemon.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list!! Obsidian and Obsession are two of my favorites, too! I still need to read Wicked!!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wicked, Kiss of Deception and Mortal Danger are that good?! I need to make time to read them. I keep meaning to. Oh, and I really need to read the Morgan Rhodes books. I can't find the first book, I know I have it somewhere. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wicked, Kiss of Deception and Mortal Danger are that good?! I need to make time to read them. I keep meaning to. Oh, and I really need to read the Morgan Rhodes books. I can't find the first book, I know I have it somewhere. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute teaser. That is funny. I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many awesome books! I see a few that will be going on my reading list.
    That was a fun teaser. Breakfast in bed, with bacon!!!!!
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/03/teaser-tuesdays-104-demon-energy/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT post this week. Dorothy, Must Die has been on my reading wishlist for awhile and look forward to reading it in the future. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have yet to read Obsession, even though I bought it soon after it came out! And I LOVE Obsidian! I'm currently reading Falling Kingdoms, and I like it pretty well. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice choices. I don't think I could pick out ten from the last three years. I've read so many good books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome list! I love Obsidian and I really need to get around to reading the rest of the series. It was just so good! Dorothy Must Die is another one I've been meaning to read. Thanks for stopping by earlier!: )
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, well that tease has me intrigued. Why was she naked?

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all unfamiliar books to me! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Kiss of Deception's cover is gorgeous! I could never just decide on 10 books.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks! I just added Dire to my to-read list. I need to pick up the pace on my reading and read Wicked and dorothy must die. JLA is my favorite author so I know I'll love it and I've heard nothing but good things about Dorothy so I need to get on it ASAP!

    Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lisa got me Wicked for Christmas and I cant wait to read it! I don't have a copy of Kiss of Deception yet but I really want to read it! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH I love seeing Wicked, Obsidian and Obsession on this list. I adore those book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yup, loads of JLA! I would have to agree!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!