Mar 10, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"Meg leaned closer to Jake. 'If someone hid a lump of sugar in order to attract bugs to eat, that someone isn't going to be allowed to play with her pencils anymore.'

He stared at her. Then fluttered down to the floor, pecked around the edge of the counter for a moment, flew back up, and dropped the sugar lump on the counter." p 250











TITLE: Written in Red
AUTHOR: Anne Bishop
PUBLISHER: Roc
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: March 5, 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books For Readers Who Like "Old School" Paranormal YA!!
aka The Paranormal YA Books I Started Out Reading Back in the Day!


*in no particular order


1. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--yes, the first vampire novel again! LOVED this one sooooo much!!! Definitely a classic for me! Plus hot bad boy vampire!
2. THE FORBIDDEN GAME TRILOGY by L.J. Smith--one of my all time faves! Read this before Vampire Diaries, and yes! This is the cover I still have!! :D
3. COMPANIONS OF THE NIGHT by Vivian Vande Velde--one of the rare vampire books I stumbled upon when I first started reading Paranormal YA books! This one was interesting and had quite a surprise at the end!


4. BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE by Annette Curtis Klause--LOOOOOVED this one!! Such an awesome and amazing read! Went in directions I never saw coming! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! And the movie! Ugh, such a horrible movie based on a book. BUT completely separated from the book, it was a good movie.
5. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--one of my beloved faves!! Magic, time traveling, witches, curses, hot guys...it's awesome!
6. THE WERELING by Stephen Cole--this was an exciting trilogy! I really enjoyed it! It was suspenseful and heartracing...just awesome!


7. THE VAMPIRE DIARIES by L.J. Smith--yup! Have these original covers too! Loved this series! Thought it was so awesome!
8. BLUE IS FOR NIGHTMARES by Laurie Faria Stolarz--loooooved this series! It was soooo awesome! So incredible! There was always a great mystery and the heroine would use magic to try to solve it too! Remember it took me forever to find the fourth book!
9. WICKED: WITCH by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie--huh...Debbie's name isn't on this cover, and its the version I have too. Weird! Basically this was rival witch family and sorcerer family with a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing going on. But it went deeper than that! So many twists and turns! This was the series that was cancelled after the 4th one which had a HUGE cliffhanger, but it was eventually picked up again, so I have HOPE for Gena Showalter's Intertwined series!


10. THE MEDIATOR SERIES by Jenny Carroll aka Meg Cabot--LOOOOOOOVED this series!! And yup! I have these old school covers too where Meg was writing under a pen name since Princess Diaries had just came out too! OMG! This was THE series! THE series that had a girl who saw ghosts and dealt with them on a daily basis! AND book 7 releases NEXT YEAR!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!






23 comments:

  1. Well that tease certainly was interesting. Hope you're enjoying Written in Red.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is he planning on eating bugs or is she?

    I loved The Forbidden Game when I was growing up.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess he took the bait. LOL Who or what is he? Great teaser. Now I have to go check out this book!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/10/teaser-tuesdays-105-mean-streak-by-sandra-brown/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hhmm, I wonder who this Jake is. First I though it was a kid, but children don't tend to flutter, do they? I'm equally intrigued as Laura! Thanks for dropping by and for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. That teaser is interesting. I'm thinking of Tink from Wicked but I may be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Blood and Chocolate of the 10, but I want to read the Vampire Diaries, Blue is for Nightmares, Wicked, and the Mediator. I'll have to check out the others! Old follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a creative topic for this week. I read THE MEDIATOR series years ago when my daughter was a teenager. I had totally forgotten about it. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting teaser...Thanks for sharing! Here is my TT http://www.readinggrrl.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaahhh!!!! Awesome list! These are some of my favorite books! Yay, for Blue is for Nightmares making two lists this week! This was such a good idea. My list would have been mostly the same, lol. I love Marianne Curley, but I'd have to add her Guardians of Time series (The Named, The Dark & The Key).

    I've been eyeing up that Anne Bishop series for a while.

    Have a great week!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute teaser. Sounds like a humorous book! Here's my TT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for old school! Although... I haven't read any of these. Haha! Great list :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah! I LOVE Anne Bishop, and her Others series is fantastic! I love Meg's interactions with the terre indigene, and one of my Teasers today is from the 3rd book in that series! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice list of books for this week's TTT post!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment earlier today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol I love your Old School Paranormal !! I don't think I read Blood and Chocolate but I definitely watched the movie and thought isa s pretty good, but i know how it goes the movie is never the same! Great list and thanks for checking out mine ! ~ Katie @ Inkk Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your teaser. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man, "Old School Paranormal?" I haven't read any of your titles, but I do remember that genre before the explosion of Urban Fantasy and YA Paranormal.

    And I love your teaser! This is another series that I see around, but haven't gotten to. Is it Adult?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the tease... The description is great! I can see it happening!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tease, Jessica, and I love your Top Ten list for this week, too!
    Happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great topic Jessica! I am very intrigued by Old Magic! Adding it to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice list! I haven´t read any of these books.
    Adriana @ Reading Fictional

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow I haven't read any of these! I know a ton of people loved LJ Smith but I never got into her books and now there are so many lol Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have not read any of these, but I'm going to check them all out :D I love finding new books!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Others series is so much fun! I'm really enjoying it, and that teaser captures the series so well :D

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!