Mar 17, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc





"Another voice calling her. Cameron's voice. She turned toward the sound, trying to squelch the small light of happiness that sparked in her at the sight of him.

'Lady Sophia,' he said as he reached them. He nodded quickly to Madame de Montesse. 'You need to come with me, milady. The Illusioners have word of your parents.'" Kindle Location 41%*


*Quote comes from eARC copy, therefore it and its location are not final.











TITLE: The Shattered Court
AUTHOR: M.J. Scott
PUBLISHER: Roc
GENRE: Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: April 28, 2015





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List


*in no particular order


1. THE SHATTERED COURT by M.J. Scott--obviously reading this one now! Whittling away at the review pile of the TBR Mountain of Doom!
2. POWERLESS by Tera Lynn Childs & Tracy Deebs--another review book I am excited for because I love Tracy Deebs' books!
3. LION'S SHARE by Rachel Vincent--dying to read this one because it's a spinoff of her Shifters series which I LOVED!




4. SWITCHED by Amanda Hocking--since I got Iced Kissed for review, I decided I wanted to read the first trilogy and then get onto the spinoff one!
5. TORN by Amanda Hocking--pretty much the reason above!
6. ASCEND by Amanda Hocking--see above above!
 

7. FROSTFIRE by Amanda Hocking--again, see above above above ;)
8. ICE KISSED by Amanda Hocking--the book I received for review which is getting me to finally start the first trilogy! And then this new one of course!
9. MURDER OF CROWS by Anne Bishop--since I just finished Written in Red last week, I am anxious to read more in this series!


10. THE RUBY CIRCLE by Richelle Mead--almost forgot this one! *gasp* Especially since I am treating myself to yet another visit to Anderson's at the end of the month to see her! Since she wasn't at RT last year and I can't go this year. *sobs-uncontrollably*







28 comments:

  1. Gah! How could I have forgotten to put Lion's Share on my list?!? Shifters is one of my favorite series. I still need to read the Trylle trilogy and spin-off. I have them all though. Powerless sounds awesome, too. Ugh! There are just way too many books to choose from this Spring! Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser- wonder what they are going to say about her parents. Great list. I haven't read the Trylle series yet either, they are in my TBR pile but so is so many other books, I loved Lion's Share and The Ruby Circle- great reads.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a new book and author to me. I'm curious what the Illusioners are.My TBR is ginormous and I know some of these books are on it.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/17/teaser-tuesdays-106-confess-by-colleen-hoover/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Teaser. Hope you are enjoying it. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser, that book looks good. :) Most of the books on your spring TBR list are books I would like to read. :)

    Stormi
    TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser - and I love the cover. Here's my TT for this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesdays-march-17-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely teaser. All the books are gorgeous and they're calling me. By my first name, I kid you not :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the tease. And your list is simply amazing. So many books that I want to read. Somehow I'll find the time.

    My Tease

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I've already said it, but The Shattered Court looks so good! I definitely need to get to that one soon. The cover is to die for!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser, as always. And as always you find books with the most beautiful covers! Gotta love Rachel Vincent. (I haven't read this one by her, but I totally would! :D) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love a fantasy novel, it's my number 1 genre. I think I'd probably enjoy The Shattered Court just for that reason but the teaser also makes it sound like an enjoyable read. :D

    Here's my TT for this week: http://deweygirl.co.uk/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-stardust/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read books by Anne Bishop too!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT post this week. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read Frostfire and Ice Kissed, but I need to read the other books set in that world too. I hate starting a spin-off with little to no knowledge about the world.

    I hope you enjoy all of the books you read this spring! :)

    Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Shattered Court sounds amazing! I'd love to read Frostfire, but I haven't read the original series :( One day I'll get around to them, though :D Great picks, Jessica! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I really need to finish Vampire Academy so I can start Bloodlines! I really want to read The Shattered Court and Switched! Thanks for visiting!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Ruby Circle is on my stack too. I loved Murder of Crows and also enjoyed Lion's Share. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I can't wait for Powerless because it sounds like such an interesting and captivating book. I hope you enjoy all of these when you get to them. :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Intriguing tease. First time I've seen this book. Sounds interesting.
    Love your Spring TBR list. Hope you enjoy all your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Ruby Circle! Gah, I am SO behind on that series. I've only read Bloodline so far. Must read them soon! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice list! One of Richelle Mead made my list but is ther fourth book of the series.
    Adriana @ Reading Fictional

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tease!
    I am reading The Ruby Circle right now, sad to see the series come to an end!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel like it's been so long since I read dialogues that have "Lady" and "milady" in them. I hope you're enjoying your current read. And wonderful picks when it comes to the TBR. I've heard of all these books, and I do hope to get to some of them sometime. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy them when you read them, Jessica.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my Top Ten Tuesday post. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it awesome that you do two memes in one post! The teaser sounds really great. I love that your TBR is both old and new books!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have to read the Tryelle series soon! Those have been on my TBR forever! Great picks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh I'm definitely interested in Anne Bishop's and have been wanting to read Rachels' Shifters series for awhile! Same for the Tryelle series. I hope you get to all of these Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Amanda Hocking book covers are gorgeous! I've never heard of them, but they look really interesting! I'll have to stop by once you post reviews so I can check them out (:

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!