Mar 31, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"A fog was descending on my brain. Then everything faded to blackness, and my legs went limp underneath me, despite my demands that they swim on." Kindle loc. 21%*


*Quote comes from ARC, therefore it and its location are not final.












TITLE: Ice Kissed
AUTHOR: Amanda Hocking
PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Press
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: May 5, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books You Recently Added To Your To-Be-Read List


*in no particular order


1. Dreamfire by Kit Alloway--seeing this one around recently, so I already placed an order over the weekend!
2. Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe--was curious about this one and after I read a review I was sold! Just need to get it!
3. Alienated by Melissa Landers--another one I was hesitant about, but then, again, another recent review convinced me I need to get it asap!


4. Shadows by Paula Weston--have seen this series around lately, and suddenly curious to try it out!!
5. A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest--I read the first in this series so long ago! I really need to get to the rest of this series! It's still going strong too!
6. Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier--I still need to read her Ruby Red trilogy but seeing this one around a bit lately and once again, find myself intrigued with the author and her books!


7. Garden of Dreams and Desires by Kirsten Painter--one that I just added this past week! Need to get to it soon too!
8. Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris--another one that I literally added to the pile last week! It was offered to me for review, so I went for it!
9. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz--yet another one that was legitimately added to the pile! Cannot wait to read this one! Plus her other series I have yet to start!


10. The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons--another recent addition to the TBR Mountain of Doom! Read too many good reviews on this, so I kind of went on binge shopping spree the past few weeks!






33 comments:

  1. The Glass Arrow <3 !!!! You'll love Earth & Sky and Welcome to the Dark House, they remind me of old school YA. Dreamfire and Dream a Little Dream have been in my tbr pile for a while, the both sound great. I still need to read Alienated! Awesome list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the cover of Ice Kissed. Sounds like a good read as well :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished The Glass Arrow. Very disappointing, to say the least. But there are a few others of your new additions that are my additions as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the teaser for Ice Kissed today- haven't read this series yet. I want to just haven't made it there. For the first time ever, I have not read a single book in your top ten. Will be waiting on reviews though.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alienated is definitely worth reading!! I haven't read any of the others but Glass Arrow is one that I really want to read :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have The Glass Arrow on my TBR as well. I'm definitely checking out many of these books.

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your Top Ten Tuesday picks look amazing! I hope you get to read all of them! Your teaser also sounds really interesting and a little bit scary! Thanks for sharing and dropping by :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice for your teaser! Sounds like she might be in danger of drowning?
    And love your choice of books. I have several of them too:)

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/31/teaser-tuesdays-108-a-fright-to-the-death-by-dawn-eastman/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! You must really be liking this author and her books as you have plowed right through them. I just realized the other day that I have her first two that I bought long time ago from B&N but didn't have a nook at the time so forgot I had them..looking through the reads on my nook yesterday and found them..so I might have to give them a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few of these are on my list! I really want to read The Dark House!! It looks so creepy! I hope you get to read all of these! :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list full of some great sounding books, and a few I need to look up as I haven't heard of them!

    My TTT  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's a ton of pretty covers there! I have Shadows on my shelf, but haven't read it yet.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser and I like that list! Here is my TT http://www.readinggrrl.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cover of Ice Kissed! I hope she's ok! Sounds like she might freeze :( Great teaser! Here's mine. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm totally obsessed with the cover of Dream A Little Dream. And as I'm sure you know, that isn't my normal type of read so I'll probably never read it. Boo. :( I wish I could frame that cover for my wall. LOL Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good teaser and what a beautiful cover. "Midnight Crossroad" is on my TBR list. Mine: Accused by Lisa Scottoline

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tease! I need to read A Shade of Blood too so I can continue with the series. It does feel like forever ago that I read the first one. Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice list of books this week!! I won a free copy of Earth & Sky through Goodreads First Reads program and just need to make time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cover. I'm curious.
    My Tuesday post features THE ROSIE PROJECT.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was going to start doing the top 10 but I couldn't make mind up on what books to use lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll be curious to see what you think of the new Harris book and Glass Arrow sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I liked Dream a Little Dream better than the Ruby Red Trilogy. They are completely separate story lines. No need to read Ruby Red first. I liked Midnight Crossroad too. I was turned down to review the second book but I already bought a copy and will have it on my Kindle when it releases. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Alienated and Earth and Sky didn't make my list this week, but I think they're both on my TBR. Hopefully I'll get to them eventually. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I actually really enjoyed Alienated when I read it. (Which surprised me) But I still need to get to the sequel, Invaded. Hoping that'll happen soon.

    And Dream a little Dream's cover is so prety!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm really excited for Dream a Little Dream! I still need to read Emerald Green, the last book of the Ruby Red trilogy. I hope you enjoy these books! Old follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great list! I've wanted to read Alienated for the longest time but I still haven't read it either. Aliens are just the best!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Glass Arrow looks really good. Hope you enjoy all the books! Thanks for stopping by our blog:)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm reading The Glass Arrow right now. I'm not far along yet but it's good so far! Other than that I haven't seen any of the books on your list, which means I should check them out!

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm reading The Glass Arrow right now. I'm not far along yet but it's good so far! Other than that I haven't seen any of the books on your list, which means I should check them out!

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really want to read Alienated too! Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great teaser, Jessica!! I read FROSTFIRE a few months ago and really enjoyed it a lot. I hope to read ICE KISSED soon. I'm excited to see what happens after the cliffhanger of book one!! I hope your enjoying it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cool teaser! I'm reading Dreamfire right now and really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!