Mar 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


In this dark, high-octane sequel to the New York Times bestselling Dorothy Must Die, Amy Gumm must do everything in her power to kill Dorothy and free Oz.

To make Oz a free land again, Amy Gumm was given a mission: remove the Tin Woodman’s heart, steal the Scarecrow’s brain, take the Lion’s courage, and then Dorothy must die....

But Dorothy still lives. Now the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked has vanished, and mysterious Princess Ozma might be Amy’s only ally. As Amy learns the truth about her mission, she realizes that she’s only just scratched the surface of Oz’s past—and that Kansas, the home she couldn't wait to leave behind, may also be in danger. In a place where the line between good and evil shifts with just a strong gust of wind, who can Amy trust—and who is really Wicked?


SO cannot wait to read this one! And GASP!! The final book in the trilogy doesn't release until 2017!! The horror! The pure unadulterated horror!! 

But still...cannot wait to read this one! And the next novella too!! Which I believe just released yesterday! So it should be waiting on my kindle once I refresh it! :D

TITLE: The Wicked Will Rise
AUTHOR: Danielle Paige
PUBLISHER: HarperCollins
GENRE: Fantasy YA

RELEASE DATE: March 31, 2015  



Magic and mystery collide in this thrilling conclusion to the new urban fantasy series by House of Comarre author Kristen Painter.

Tourists are disappearing at an alarming rate. While Augustine and his lieutenants attempt to find them, Harlow and the evil spirit possessing her remain Augustine's true focus. Freeing her from the spirit's grasp is all he can think about, especially with no real solution on the horizon.

Then he discovers the tourists are disappearing because the witches are stealing souls to cast a dangerous chaos spell. Before he can stop them, Harlow becomes their victim. Now he must race the clock to set her free and end the witches' machinations before the chaos spell strips every fae in New Orleans of their power and bring fae rule to an end.


A pretty awesome series! Cannot wait to read the next one! I'm fuzzy on the details of what happened last go around, but I do recall a pretty omg cliffhanger! Like a detail that made it a little more cliffhangery, but not one that kills you! I've had plenty of those to recognize them! LOL!

TITLE: Garden of Dreams and Desires
AUTHOR: Kristen Painter
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: April 7, 2015 




 
 

35 comments:

  1. I haven't read either of these series but I'll definitely be checking them out! ;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read wither of these series. Garden of Dreams and Desires looks interesting though.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't read any of these but I HATE WAITING TOO :D
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Wicked Will Raise sounds so intriguing! I do hope you'll love it when you read it, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kristen Painter book does have a beautiful cover and sounds amazing. I hope that you love all your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I read one of Painter's early novels (it was one of the first paperback ARCs I ever received) and quite enjoyed it. Nice pick!

    Here's what I'm Waiting on this Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read either of these. I have heard of them though. I'll have to check them out.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of those series, so I'll have to check them out! Old follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read Dorothy Must Die forever! I guess I need to hurry up and get to it!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not read either of these series..not sure I can handle an evil Dorothy it that one series...lol

    Stormi
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these look amazing, Jessica! I haven't read Dorothy Must Die yet, I think it's playing hide and seek with me on my kindle ;)
    Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAAHHH!!!! I can't wait to read The Wicked Will Rise!!! Less than a month!! I'm not familiar with the other book, I hope you enjoy it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  13. AAAHHH!!!! I can't wait to read The Wicked Will Rise!!! Less than a month!! I'm not familiar with the other book, I hope you enjoy it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great choices, as always! I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow I didn't know a sequel to Dorothy Must Die was coming out -- must add to my TBR!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't started reading the Dorothy Must Die series. I guess the novellas will keep you entertained while waiting for the next book. I hope you enjoy reading The Wicked Will Rise.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of those sound good! I haven't read either series yet, but I have Dorothy Must Die on my TBR list. I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven´t read Dorothy Must Die yet,and the other book is net to me.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes, I'm eagerly awaiting Painter's third Crescent City book! The trilogy has really grown on me!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  20. New to me but sounds like it has promise. Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really really need to read Dorothy Must Die! It is one of the (many) books sitting on my shelves which I just haven't had time to read... but hopefully soon :) Your other pick looks pretty good and I hope you love both when they release! Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  22. so cant wait for the wicked will rise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both sound great! I LOVE the cover to Kristen Painter's book. I hope you enjoy them and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! 2017 sure is a long time to wait for the final book. At least the release of the others are a little sooner. Happy Waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really need to hurry up and pick up a copy of Dorothy Must Die because it sounds so good! I hope you have an awesome week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm not familiar with either book, Jessica! I hope you enjoy them when you read them :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It crushes my soul when a final book or just a book in general won't be published for another couple of years! That seems like such a long time to wait, but it's be here before we know it!

    Meredith @ http://booklover9296.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great picks! I still have to read DORTHY MUST DIE, but I really am excited for it. And the other book is new to me, but I love the cover!! :) I hope you enjoy them both when you read them, Jessica! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I still haven't read Dorothy Must Die, but I've read a lot of great reviews about it :) I hope you enjoy the sequel! Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  30. I need to start the Dorothy Must Die series. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I never read Dorothy Must Die, hope you enjoy these!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    Em @ The YA Book Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  32. I haven't read Dorothy Must Die but I am very curious! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I need to read Wicked! Nice picks! Lets hope we enjoy this book!

    thanks for stopping by! Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my sister loves the Danielle Paige series. Another one I need to get started on. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have heard of both these series, but sadly have not begun them. Enjoy!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!