1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc
Who's ready to be BAD? And by bad, I mean by breaking the two lines rule! And furthering that and using 2 teasers I couldn't decide between! Ironically within the first two pages too! LOL!
"I woke up to my ex-fiance calling. Which was awkward, considering we'd broken up only two months ago and I was in another guy's apartment. Even more awkward when that guy wasn't the one I was currently dating. In my defense, I was on the couch." p. 1
"'I still feel bad. It was a nice car.' I paused. 'I'm also sorry about almost getting you killed.'
'She says, as an afterthought.'
'It was a really nice car.'" p 2
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 18, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Ten Characters Who Are Fellow Book Nerds
*in no particular order
And oooh tough one!! Can't think of too many bookworms, but I have a few book nerds who are the super smart type as well! So let's give this a go!!
1. KATY from Obsidian--naturally! Us book bloggers got to stick together!!
2. MATILDA from House Immortal--books are a rare commodity, so when Matilda gets her hands on one, she's very happy!
3. HERMIONE from Harry Potter--Hermione is the smart one! She's more book nerd that book worm, but in that super smart sense. Aka something I'll never be because I'm reading my paranormals!
4. MARY ANN from Intertwined--another book smart girl! But hey, it's still reading! But I adored her character! My heart still ACHES that this one is cancelled! Makes it worse that Goodreads still shows a book 4! SOBS!
5. ANNELISE from Isle of Night--yet another genius type girl! She goes from being book smart to needing to learn to be tough and fight! And wow! I love this series, though it seems to be in limbo. TEARS!
6. ECHO from The Girl at Midnight--Echo is a reader too! She actually lives in a secret room in the library!
7. SYDNEY from Bloodlines--yet another book nerd! She's our super smart Alchemist and knows sooo much! I feel dumb in comparison!! LOL!
8. MAC & BARRONS from Darkfever--using both of them since they both end up working in Barron's bookstore!
9. GEORGINA from Succubus Blues--yet another heroine who works in a bookstore! If I ever worked there, I wouldn't get a paycheck cause it'd likely be spent before I got it and I'd owe them!
10. BELLE--because it counts! LOL! Beauty and the Beast is based off the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast. Belle stemmed from Beauty, and just so happens to love books! Oh, and there are plenty of film to storybook adaptations of this Disney story, so Belle in those books, loves books!
You wouldn't believe how long it took me to pick out the right Belle picture! I was going to choose her reading a book, but the better quality images didn't show her face very well, or she wasn't smiling.
And omg, googling Disney pics is both fun and horrifying!! You see amazing pics from the movie or other artist creations, but then there are some who muck things up! Turning Belle into a boy...having her kiss Phoebus from The Hunchback of Norte Dame! Horror stories!!!