1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc
"Finally, Jericho's eyes widened in understanding. 'Well, that's my wife, and you can't have her,' he announced awkwardly. He pulled back and socked Sam, catching him across the jaw and bottom lip. Sam tottered and sank to his knees, his mouth bloody.
'Son of a--' Sam croaked." p 202
TITLE: The Diviners
AUTHOR: Libba Bray
PUBLISHER: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Paranormal Historical Fiction YA
RELEASE DATE: September 18, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Of Your Auto-buy Authors
*in no particular order
**for me this is an almost "anything" since I'm not a contemp reader, one of my near auto-buy authors does write some contemps and another practically auto-buy author does have a MG book out and I'm not an MG reader. So again, this is nearly, almost "anything"! ;)
1. MARIA V. SNYDER--Definitely on my auto-buy list! As I mentioned in my side comment, she does have 1 MG book out that I haven't read or really plan to read since I'm not much of an MG reader. But everything else, I click that baby into my online shopping cart! Unless I'm at the store, then I add it to my stack of books to buy!
2. JULIE KAGAWA--a straight up auto-buy author! I've bought all her books and am on pins and needles waiting for The Iron Warrior! Let alone, Soldier!
3. JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT--one of those nearly auto-buys, as she writes contemporary and that's not my genre of choice. At all. But everything else that's NOT contemp, I buy! This includes her thrillers too! I still need to read The Dead List! Ugh, computer reading...
4. JEANIENE FROST--looooooove this woman's books! There hasn't been one I didn't enjoy to the fullest! So yes, she's auto-buy!!
5. GRETCHEN McNEIL--another auto-buy because she's one of the best YA thriller authors I've read! I've read a handful too! Her books are always so mysterious and creepy! I still need to read Get Even! But ugh...time!!
6. CHLOE NEILL--I was so intrigued when Some Girls Bite came out! I mean a UF heroine on the cover wearing jeans and a tank top?! How awesome was that! Don't get me wrong, I love the leather look that we see, even with Merit, but it was such an eyecatcher to me in the beginning! Still love this series and pretty much every book Chloe's written since!
7. DARYNDA JONES--oh how I love the Charley Davidson series! It makes me laugh out loud so much! It's scary reading it in public because I'm liking going to be "that girl"! LOL! I am quite behind in this series now and ache to get caught up! Also really liked her YA series as well! It was fun!
8. KELLEY ARMSTRONG--I've read nearly everything she's written! The exception is all those novellas, because holy cow, I can't keep up with them all! Loving her own anthologies coming out with a selection of her stories in them! That totally works for me! And since I'm not at all an MG reader, I haven't read her series she's written with Melissa Marr.
9. VICTORIA LAURIE--I love her mystery seires! Both of which I'm behind in. Again! Errg! I enjoyed her foray into the YA world, When, as well! And again, I haven't read her MG series, because not an MG reader. Feel the need to repeat myself, as I had to make this stipulation for this topic!
10. NANCY HOLDER & DEBBIE VIGUIE--a somewhat cheat since it's two authors, but they are my most favorite writing duo!! I have loved all their books they've written together! And I pretty much buy whatever book I see with both their names on it because I know it will be awesome!