- The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post.
- You create your own post using the post prompt.
- You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt.
- Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
- If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
- The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
- It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
- As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed FOLLOW as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
This week's prompt is: Ten Reasons You Love Your Fave Genre
MY ANSWER: And just the FYI, when talking about my favorite genre here, it's Urban Fantasy! ;)
1. Paranormal--i.e.: someone inhuman is involved; vampires, werewolves, witches, demons, shapeshifters, sorcerers, djinn, etc.
2. Snark--so many of my Urban Fantasies have snarky characters! Sometimes it's the heroine, sometimes a friend or hero. But needless to say there are lots of laughs!
3. Exciting Plots--there's usually something intense or disastrous happening and it's up to the heroine to save the day!
4. Swoony Romance--oh yeah, the romance is definitely hot and swoony! Usually falling in between those lines! LOL! Some is sweeps you off your feet with swoons and others are just plain HOT!
5. Characters--the characters are always delightful! There's a mix of supernatural types and sometimes some who are just plain human. I generally like a mix. One that involves a human interacting with the supernaturals!
6. Magic--there's usually some magic involved in some ways. Not all the time, but I love having magic involved! It's not always the clear-cut kind that's easy to grasp, but it's enjoyable all the same!
7. Fast Paced Plots--the pacing usually tends to be rather intense! Moving from one point to the next and it's all danger and high speeds...so to speak!
8. Twists--sometimes one of the reads will come with a surprising twist that I didn't see coming and I always love being taken by surprise!
9. Variety--there are sooo many paranormal reads to choose from! It's a reader's delight to be overwhelmed with TOO much to read! Speaking as someone who once never had anything new to read, this is a wonderful, if overwhelming, feeling!
10. No Two Are the Same--I love reading so many books that even involve the same paranormal type, like vampires and werewolves. There are sooo many different stories and types of them all! So many authors make them their own, that I love how really, no two are ever really the same.